As our mission statement reads, an essential part to our role is helping student-athletes become citizens that "enrich the future." Because there is life after college, we ensure that student-athletes are prepared with a number of career and work resources and support.
Career Center and SADP Partnership
• Life After Sports Workshops Series (Monthly workshops specifically for student-athletes)
• Career Center Connector
• Mock Interviewing Sessions
• Resume and Cover Letter Writing
• Individual Career Counseling
• U-M Career Center Site: careercenter.umich.edu
U-M Alumni Association
• Information and Access to Alumni Association Services
• Informational sessions in the Academic Center
• WORC: Wolverine Occupational Resource Center
• Real Life 101: Seminar Series
• 30 Minute Mentors / Online Mentors
• Welcome Wednesdays
• U-M Alumni Association: www.umalumni.com
• General career advising and assistance with resume and cover letter writing (by appointment)
• Informational company/Industry presentations
• Networking and career nights
• Mentoring opportunities through the Alumni Association
• Student-Athlete Resume Book distributed to corporate partners and recruiters annually.
• Internships for Championships: working with the Ann Arbor community to facilitate internships for student-athletes to enable them to stay on campus and train during the summer.