Michigan Athletics Professional and Career Transition Program
Our team has over 30 years of experience working with student-athletes. We understand that athletes need customized programs and services that fit into their schedules. In 2010, Michigan Athletics launched the Michigan Professional and Career Transition Program (M-PACT), the first comprehensive student-athlete career preparation program in the country. Our vision is to always be the Leaders and Best in preparing our student-athletes for their lives after sports.
How We Do It
- Meet student-athletes wherever they are on their journey
- Help students to identify their strengths, interests, and eventually an ideal major - leading to their desired career path
- Design programming to reflect the latest trends and best practices in career preparation
- Connect our student-athletes to the largest living alumni in the world
- Partner with over 500 companies & mentors to provide our student-athletes with job shadowing, internship, and job opportunities
- Communicate with students using technology (Zirin Family website & mobile app)
*M-PACT services are available to all student-athletes as soon as they arrive in Ann Arbor and we continue to support them throughout their careers.
(734) 763-4181 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shari Acho
- Director, Career Advancement & Education
- Maurice Washington
- Assistant Director, Career Counselor
- Nancy Culotta
- Career Counselor
- Marquis Scott
- Employer Relations Manager
Zirin Family Online System
The Zirin Family Online System is a portal designed for student-athletes and potential employers. Student-athletes have access to career, community engagement, and leadership opportunities while they are at home or on the road. For companies interested in hiring student-athletes, this site offers event registration and an exclusive job board for internship and job opportunities.