Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program gives student-athletes the opportunity to serve as the face of Michigan Athletics, outside their sport. Through the initiatives below, ambassadors assist the department in helping create WOW experiences for donors of Michigan Athletics as well as obtain the skills to create opportunities after they graduate.
Student Ambassadors assist the Development department during donor events, athletic competitions, office work, and more. They serve as hospitality host, providing timely, professional, and outstanding customer service, along with creating memorable experiences for patrons. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-game/event set up
- Welcome and greet guest in premium seating areas and at donor events
- Manage Premium Seating details
- Provide assistance, directions and answer questions
- Be friendly and foster a professional but exciting game day and event atmosphere
- Respond to unplanned request from Development staff
- Active participation in activities and promotions
- Assist with office work as it becomes available
Student Ambassadors not only work in the department but they also learn about the very donors that are assisting and supporting the student-athlete experience. Ambassadors are required to attend a number of events featuring speakers from Development, donors, and more. Ambassadors are provided with an in depth description of the Athletic Department, learning how it functions.
Through a series of opportunities, student ambassadors have the chance to learn more about themselves, gaining a greater self-awareness. From speakers on campus to opportunities to reflect, ambassadors will be able to articulate not only their strengths but also the work experienced through the program.
- Enrolled student-athlete at the University of Michigan
- One year of college coursework
- Must be available on evenings and weekends
For more information, contact Casey Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.