Big House 5K Frequently Asked Questions
1. Finishing in the Big House?
The 50-yard line of Michigan Stadium will serve as the official finish line for the Big House 5K. Get ready for a finish you'll never forget.
2. Can you serve beer at the finish?
University policy prohibits alcohol at the finish line.
3. Can I run with my dog?
No, unfortunately your dog cannot run with you.
4. Are strollers allowed?
Strollers or baby joggers are allowed, but please be aware that all individuals running / walking the course with a stroller will be asked to start behind all runners towards the back of the start line.
5. If I want to run the 5K with my child do I have to pay?
Yes, everyone in the race must be registered.
6. Do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds.
7. Can I register on race day?
No, we do not offer race day registration. You can register online until midnight EDT, April 10. Your last time to register is at packet pickup on Saturday before race day. The cost to register that day (April 11) will be $48.
NOTE: All of the above is subject to availability as space is limited for the 5K and accordingly, the registration will close when the limits are reached.
8. So when is packet pickup?
Saturday, April 11 (Noon-5 p.m.), and again on Sunday, April 12 (6-7:30 a.m.), at the main entrance to Crisler Center. Unfortunately there are no early pickups prior to Saturday.
9. Do you have an expo?
Unfortunately we will not be hosting an expo.
10. Can my friend pick up my packet?
Yes, please come prepared with the registration confirmation email of the individual you are picking up for. If you find yourself in need of resending the registration confirmation email, then simply:
- Go to runsignup.com, type in your login information
- On your "Profile" page, click the button for "My Registered Races"
- Go to "View Registration." Under the "Registration" tab, click on the link for "Resend Confirmation E-mail."
- The confirmation email will be sent to the email address associated with that registration. Please email who will be picking up your packet so we can make note of it in our system.
11. Do I get a shirt?
Yes, 5K participants receive a tech shirt! (Note: Participants waiting to register on-site are not guaranteed a tech shirt.)
12. I clicked the wrong T-shirt size? Can you fix that?
Yes, just let us know your name, confirmation number, and the size you intended. Email changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Changes after March 1 will not be guaranteed.
13. Can I use an iPod or similar headset?
Sure, but please be careful. Make sure that you can hear all course and safety instructions from volunteers and police officers.
14. What if none of these questions are my question?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. We'll answer you. Promise.
15. How are awards handled?
There will be Overall Male, Female, Masters and Grand Masters awards and they will be presented after the completion of the race. Age group results will be posted shortly after most participants have finished the race and Top 3 in the age group will receive a small award. Please check out the award giveaways here on the About page.
16. Can I walk this race?
Absolutely! We will need to have the roads opened back up by 10:00am so please keep that in mind when you set your pace.
17. Interested in volunteering?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your interest and we will include you on our inquiry list when we solicit volunteers for specific responsibilities.
18. What about road closures?
The following road and/or lane closures are planned in the city of Ann Arbor on Sunday, April 12, from 6-11 a.m. Please plan your commute accordingly.
- State Street from near the Stadium Bridge to North University
- Monroe Street from State to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe Street to South University
- South University from State to East University
- East University from South University to Fletcher
- North University from State Street to the Bus Shelters
- Fletcher Street from North University to East Washington Street
- Thayer from East Washington to North University
- Hoover from State Street to Greene and Keech (finish line located in Michigan Stadium)
19. Will there be a photographer at the finish line?
Photography services will be provided by Runphotos, LLC, at several locations at or near the finish line. They will email each participant with instructions as to how to access his/her photographs at runphotos.com in the days following the race. If you would like to "opt-out" of receiving this email communication and/or the photography service, please email email@example.com with the subject "opt-out" and your full name.