Big House 5K Frequently Asked Questions
1. Finishing in the Big House?
The 50-yard line of Michigan Stadium will serve as the official finish line for the Big House 5K. Get ready for a finish you'll never forget!
2. Can you serve beer at the finish?
University policy prohibits alcohol at the finish line.
3. Can I run with my dog?
No, your dog cannot run with you. Only service dogs, with proper identification, will be allowed on the course or at the Finish Festival.
4. Are strollers allowed? What about bikes or scooters?
Strollers or baby joggers are allowed, but please be aware that all individuals running / walking the course with a stroller will be asked to start behind all runners towards the back of the start line. No other riding toys (bikes, scooters, skateboards, etc. will be allowed on the race course).
5. If I want to run the 5K with my child do I have to pay?
Yes, everyone participating in the race must be registered regardless of age. Race registration includes a shirt and medal, as well as supports our six beneficiaries and race operations.
6. Do you offer refunds?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds.
7. Can I register on race day?
No, we do not offer race day registration. You can register until the Thursday before the race. The entry fee will be $45 from 3/1/17 through 4/6/17. Registration will close on Thursday, April 6, at 11:59pm.
NOTE: All of the above is subject to availability as space is limited for the 5K and accordingly, the registration will close when the limits are reached.
8. When is packet pickup?
Packet pickup times and location are TBD and will be shared as information becomes available.
9. Do you have an expo?
We will not be hosting an expo.
10. Can my friend pick up my packet?
Yes, please come prepared with the registration confirmation email of the individual you are picking up for. If you find yourself in need of resending the registration confirmation email, then simply:
- Go to runsignup.com, type in your login information
- On your "Profile" page, click the button for "My Registered Races"
- Go to "View Registration." Under the "Registration" tab, click on the link for "Resend Confirmation E-mail."
- The confirmation email will be sent to the email address associated with that registration. Please email who will be picking up your packet so we can make note of it in our system.
11. Do I get a shirt?
Yes, 5K participants receive a tech shirt! The shirts are unisex sizes from Small through XX-Large. We also provide youth sizes.
12. I clicked the wrong T-shirt size? Can you fix that?
Yes, just let us know your name, confirmation number, and the size you intended. Email changes to email@example.com. Changes after March 1 will not be guaranteed.
13. Can I use an iPod or similar headset?
Yes, but please be careful. Make sure that you can hear all course and safety instructions from volunteers and police officers.
14. How are awards handled?
There will be prizes awarded for Overall Male and Female. We will also award prizes for Masters, Grand Masters and Senior Grand Masters, and they will be presented after the completion of the race. Age group results will be posted shortly after most participants have finished the race and Top 3 in the age group will receive a small award.
15. Can I walk this race?
Absolutely! We need to have the roads opened back up by 10:00am so please keep that in mind when you set your pace.
16. Interested in volunteering?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your interest and we will include you on our inquiry list when we solicit volunteers for specific responsibilities.
17. What about road closures?
Several road and/or lane closures are planned in the city of Ann Arbor on Sunday, April 9. Please plan your commute accordingly.
The course map can be found at: Big House 5K Course Maps once the course is finalized and approved. Note that the course map is subject to change.
18. Will there be a photographer at the finish line?
More details about the Finish Festival, including finish line photography, will be available as the event draws closer.
19. Where should I park?
Free parking is provided in several lots around Crisler Center and Michigan Stadium on a first-come, first-served basis. Once those lots fill, parking attendants will direct you to other available overflow lots nearby, including other University-owned lots and Pioneer High School. There will be no bag check at the start line so plan accordingly.
20. What if none of these questions is my question?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.