Donation and Autograph Requests
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is fortunate to be able to donate numerous items to non-profit organizations throughout the community each year. However, due to high demand and NCAA rules, U-M Athletics is not able to support every worthwhile cause.
In an effort to best process your request and support as many charities as possible, requests must comply with the guidelines listed below. Please understand that submission of a request, even if all guidelines are met, does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled.
Donation and Autograph Guidelines
- As a result of time constraints and NCAA rules, requests for head coach and student-athlete autographed items for personal endeavors cannot be fulfilled, except at designated U-M Athletic events such as Fan Fest and Youth Day. To receive information on these events and other Michigan Athletic opportunities, subscribe to Michigan Insider.
- U-M Athletics no longer accepts pre-purchased items from organizations for signing; instead it now manages its own memorabilia inventory. As a separate non-profit entity of the University of Michigan, U-M Athletics charges for these items (most items are $50) in order to cover the cost of the item along with processing and shipping fees.
- U-M Athletics will consider the donation of head coach autographed items for charitable endeavors.
- Pursuant to NCAA regulations, U-M Athletics will not donate items to any entity that serves prospect-aged individuals (grade 9 - 12, or 7 - 12 in Men's Basketball), such as high schools, high school scholarship funds or booster clubs, club sports teams for high school students, specific high school students, etc.
- All donation requests must be submitted through the online donation request system and must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the date your item is needed.
- If possible, donation requests should include the organization's 501(c)(3) number and/or documents that provide information about the event or organization.
- To assist as many as possible, an organization is eligible to receive only one donated item per event.
- Priority will be given to organizations within the state of Michigan.
- Items which have been pre-purchased may not be left for signature within U-M Athletics. The University is not responsible for items shipped or mailed to the Athletic Department.
- U-M Athletics will not donate items to individuals for personal pursuits.
- Due to high demand and logistical limitations, we do not offer tickets as a charitable donation.
- Though we congratulate your efforts, we're unable to support individual fundraising pursuits for non-profit races or events. Instead, we choose to directly support the local chapter of many of these non-profit organizations.
- Organizations which receive an item are encouraged to complete an online reply form after the event that provides the amount the item raised.
- Please do not call or email the athletic office to inquire about your request. Once you submit the online request form, DonationXchange will send you a confirmation email with a password so you can track the status of your request.