Community Engagement Partnerships
Using dedication, passion and hard work our student-athletes have made impacts throughout the community with the help of these notable non-profit organizations. Special thanks to each organization and their staff.
About C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
- C.S. Mott is consistently ranked among the nation's best children's hospitals, and is an integral part of the University. For over 20 years, non-profit organization 'Michigan From the Heart' has sponsored visits from Michigan student-athletes to the hospital, providing a diversion and support for patients and their families.
- Phone: (734) 936-6641 | www.mottchildren.org | www.michiganfromtheheart.com
About Ann Arbor Public Schools
- Ann Arbor Public Schools (AAPS) is made up of more than 30 schools in Washtenaw County. Our partnership with AAPS allows us to engage with and inspire students of all ages through multiple means, including classroom readings and Q&A sessions.
- Phone: (734) 994-2200 | www.aaps.k12.mi.us
About Kinesiology Community Programs
- For more than three decades, Kinesiology Community Programs (KCP) has offered educational and motivational health and fitness programs for Southeastern Michiganders at all stages of life. Our partnership with KCP's KidSport Clinics gives kids the opportunity to learn from U-M varsity student-athletes. The goal is to have fun while stressing the importance of mastering sport-specific fundamentals, doing well in school, and living a healthy lifestyle.
- Phone: (734) 647-2708 | www.kines.umich.edu/KCP
About Food Gatherers
- Food Gatherers is a food rescue and food bank program serving Washtenaw County that seeks to alleviate hunger and eliminate its causes in the community. Our support of Food Gatherers aims to aid their mission of rescuing food that would otherwise go to waste and providing it in the form of hot meals, nutritious snacks or emergency groceries to low-income adults, seniors and children.
- Phone: (734) 761-2796 | www.foodgatherers.org
About Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity's mission is to enrich the community through a legacy of affordable homeownership for low-income families. Our partnership with Habitat for Humanity takes various forms, from building doghouses to opportunities for volunteering at the organization's local ReStore warehouse, a revenue source for the homeownership program.
- Phone: (734) 677-1558 | www.h4h.org
About Humane Society
- The Humane Society of Huron Valley takes in all types of unwanted, injured, lost, stray, abandoned, and abused animals. Volunteers help through shelter cleaning, administrative support, foster care, dog walking, cat comforting, and many other opportunities.
- Phone: (734) 662-5585 | www.hshv.org
About Team Red, White, and Blue
- The mission of Team Red, White, and Blue (Team RWB) is to enrich the lives of America's veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. Our partnership with Team RWB allows us to support some of America's greatest heroes through meaningful interactions and events.
About Ginsberg Center
- The Ginsberg Center's mission is to engage students, faculty, and community members in learning together through community service and civic participation in a diverse democratic society. Our partnership with the Ginsberg Center provides the opportunity for a strengthened connection between student-athletes and the student body at large through meaningful service projects and community engagement.
- Phone: 734-763-3548 | www.ginsberg.umich.edu
About VA Hospital
- The VA Hospital serves and honors the men and women who are America's veterans. Partnering with the VA, Michigan Athletics supports meaningful interactions with veterans through visits to the hospital to thank veterans for their dedicated service.
- The Ann Arbor YMCA is a charitable association of men, women and children joined by a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of children and teens, promoting healthy living, and supporting our neighbors. Our partnership with the YMCA takes shape through events that encourage interactions between our student-athletes and the men, women and children of the YMCA, allowing for mutual growth.
- Phone: (734) 996-9622 | www.annarborymca.org
About Special Olympics of Michigan
- The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for all children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Michigan Athletics has partnered with Special Olympics since 2012, committing team member and venue support to the non-profit organization.
- Phone: (989) 774-3911 | www.somi.org
About Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum
- The mission of Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum is to promote environmental enjoyment, stewardship and sustainability through education, research, and interaction with the natural world. We have partnered with Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum to give back to these two local nature areas through clean up and maintenance.
- Phone: (734) 647-7600 | www.lsa.umich.edu/mbg