The following recruiting materials may be provided to a prospect (or his or her parents or legal guardians) at any time:
- Camp or Clinic Brochures
- NCAA Educational Material Published by the NCAA (e.g., NCAA Guide for College-Bound Student-Athletes)
- Nonathletics Institutional Publications (e.g., official academic, admissions and student-services publications)
The following recruiting materials may not be provided to a prospect until September 1 of a prospect's junior year in high school (or for men's basketball and ice hockey on June 15 after a prospect's sophomore year in high school):
- General Correspondence (letters) -- May be sent only by mail
- Business Cards
- Game Programs -- Only during official and unofficial visits. May not be mailed.
- Institutional Note Cards
- Media Guide -- May only be provided to prospects via an electronic mail attachment or hyperlink.
- Email -- May be sent to prospects beginning September 1of a prospects junior year in in high school (or for men's basketball and ice hockey on June 15 after a prospect's sophomore year in high school).
- Other Recruiting Materials -- General information not created for recruiting purposes that is posted on Michigan's website (e.g., press release, competition schedule) may be sent to a prospect via email as an attachment or hyperlink or may be printed on plain white paper with black ink and provided to a prospect as an attachment to general correspondence.