Yost Ice Arena Guide for Guests with a Disability
The University of Michigan has established these policies and procedures in an effort to ensure that our guests with a disability enjoy their game experience at Yost Ice Arena. If you have any questions about these policies and procedures, please see the nearest Game Operations Team Member. Also, if you have any post game day input, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests arriving to Yost Ice Arena are encouraged to arrive early and travel light. Guests entering Yost Ice Arena with a bag of any size will be searched by a Yost Arena Event Team Member prior to having your ticket scanned. Oversized bags are prohibited. Bags that have passed inspection must fit comfortably under your seat. Yost Ice Arena does not provide an area to check bags, coats or any other personal belongings. Please note that guests are advised to leave all bags at home to avoid having to wait in line at the bag inspection area.
Parking for guests with mobility impairments is available in the Athletic Lot near Yost Ice Arena (permit only). A limited number of (cash only) single-game parking passes for persons needing accessible parking will be available in the Athletic Lot on game day on a first-come, first-serve basis for $10/car. All parking for persons with disabilities requires a State-Issued Disability Parking Placard. This lot can be accessed best off of State Street at the entrance between Yost and the Ross Academic Center. The parking staff will direct you and assist you with parking. Once State Street becomes too congested with traffic, the only entry into the Athletic Lot is on Hoover Street.
Entry to Yost Ice Arena
Entry doors locations are: North Lobby (East and West entrances), East Lobby and Southwest Lobby. Power operated doors are located at the NE and NW doors of Yost Ice Arena.
The Yost Arena elevator may be used by guests with a disability. The location of the elevator is on the NW side of the building, behind the concession stand. Please see the Yost Arena Map for location of the elevator.
The Hockey Game Day Map identifies accessible pathways into the arena from parking areas; to accessible seating areas inside the arena from the doors; and to accessible restrooms. If a guest needs assistance to/from different areas, please contact the nearest Yost Ice Arena Event Team Member for help.
The Public Will Call ticket window is located in the NW lobby of Yost Ice Arena. The will call window opens at 1.5 hours prior to the puck drop and will remain open until the end of the 2nd period.
Accessible restrooms are located on the first level in the NE, NW and SE lobbies. On second floor, they are adjacent to the seating locations: NE - women's restroom; NW - men's restroom.
Accessible (wheelchair) seating is located in the NE-Section 22, SE-Sections 16-17, NW-Sections 1-2 and SW-Sections 6-7 on the ice surface on the first level of Yost Ice Arena, and the NE and NW corners of the second level. Each are indicated on the map as the light blue highlighted areas.
The University of Michigan recognizes the needs of persons with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and continues to make every effort to comply with both ADA and State of Michigan accessibility mandates. In addition, the University of Michigan strives to accommodate the individual needs of guests with disabilities and has adopted the following ticket policies:
- Wheelchair users -- Persons using wheelchairs and their companion(s) will be permitted, subject to availability, to purchase adjacent seats in a manner which affords them full and equal accessibility.
- Season Tickets -- Season ticket sales for current wheelchair users and their companion(s) can be renewed in the same manner as guests without disabilities, except as noted in this policy. Guests using wheelchairs and their companion(s) shall be afforded a choice of seating locations from among the available wheelchair locations.
- Single Game Tickets -- Subject to availability of accessible seating, the University will offer for sale single game tickets for wheelchair seats to the same extent single game tickets are offered to guests without disabilities.
- Exchanges -- If wheelchair accessible seating is needed, whether the tickets were purchased from the ticket office or otherwise acquired, a person must bring in their tickets for exchange to the Athletic Ticket Office by 4 p.m. the day of the game to ensure them accessible seats with a companion seat. Another option is to exchange tickets at Yost Ice Arena (NW Ticket Window) on game day beginning one hour and 30 minutes prior to the game. Subject to availability, the ticket office will use its best efforts to provide such tickets in a comparable location to the original tickets. Ticket exchanges are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Likewise, a person who has ticket(s) in wheelchair accessible seating and transfers them to a patron who does not need such seating must bring in their tickets to the Athletic Ticket Office by 4 p.m. the day of the game to exchange their tickets for non-handicap seating.
- Seats Reserved Exclusively for Individuals with Disabilities -- No season or individual game tickets will be sold or exchanged to guests without disabilities (other than non-disabled companions of wheelchair users) in any wheelchair accessible or companion seating. Persons who purchase season tickets in the wheelchair accessible and companion seating will be subject to verification of need for a wheelchair accessible seating location.
The University of Michigan welcomes your comments and concerns regarding the accessibility of our campus for persons with disabilities. Please feel free to contact the University's ADA Coordinator with your comments by calling (734) 763-0235; emailing email@example.com; or completing the accessibility concerns form at www.hr.umich.edu/ability/report.html.