The Michigan Sports Marketing team is looking for dedicated and committed students to help create "WOW" experiences for our fans and dynamic atmospheres for our athletic teams. Become a part of the team that drives Michigan Athletics!
Would you like the opportunity to explore the day-to-day operations of an NCAA Division I athletic department's marketing and promotions team? Working with Michigan Sports Marketing provides experience with various business skills: developing and implementing marketing plans and creating advertisements, ticket sales, digital marketing, licensing, learning customer service skills, and event management. We are looking for Michigan students who are interested in the business of sports marketing, are hard working, and are dedicated and driven to succeed.
The Sports Marketing Student Internship Program provides potential for leadership opportunities, coupled with valuable mentorship by full-time staff. No prior experience is necessary, just an interest in the sports marketing field. Help us to make Michigan Athletics the 'Leaders and Best' in every way!
The internship is a year-long program, running throughout the entire 2013-14 Academic Year (Sept. 2013-April 2014), and can be completed while taking class, or for class credit (if applicable). This program is open ONLY to University of Michigan students and is unpaid.
If interested, please submit the requested items below via email to UMAthleticsMarketing@umich.edu by FRIDAY, April 5, 2013.
- An up-to-date résumé
- The answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in Sports Marketing & Promotions and why do you want to work for Michigan Athletics?
- Please explain what 'exceptional experience for every guest' means to you and provide an example of when you demonstrated excellent customer service.
- Being present at events and functions and ready to work is vital in the success of Michigan Sports Marketing & Promotions. Please explain how you would handle a situation that could cause your tardiness or absence at an event.
- Please explain a time you took the lead and set a good example to change a negative situation and turn it to a positive.
- Give an example of a time you went above and beyond your job description and expectations.
- What do you plan to do after graduation? What are your career goals and how will this internship help you reach those goals?
A Sports Marketing team member will contact you regarding the interview process once your materials have been submitted and reviewed. Interviews will begin during the week of April 15, 2013.