Victors Internship Program
The mission of the Michigan Athletics External Operations team is to connect, inspire and engage the Michigan Athletics community to support and enhance the University through a unified voice.
We are looking for U-M students who are passionate about this work and will be committed to our mission! We serve 31 teams and more than 900 student-athletes here in the Athletic Department in areas such as communications, fundraising, event presentation, ticket sales, creative, partnerships and several more!
We offer internships across a wide spectrum of these responsibilities that will help further our mission, and help you develop professionally.
Internships are available for University of Michigan students. You must be able to work weekly on-location at the Ann Arbor campus, which includes the Stephen M. Ross Athletic Campus. Internships will last one academic year (September-May), with some limited opportunities for summer internships. Evening and weekend availability will be required throughout the year. At the conclusion of the academic year, interns will be evaluated with the opportunity to be rehired for the upcoming academic year as long as they are still in school.
External Communications and Public Relations
Click on any bulleted internship opportunity to learn more. Each job description will open as a PDF file in a new window.
Our goal is to prepare the next generation of leaders and provide them with the tools and resources to begin successful careers. Throughout the internship, you will have the opportunity to participate in workshops to build your technical skills and understanding of collegiate athletics, as well as create connections throughout the industry.
- Experience in a Division I athletic department
- Interactions with professional staff, as well as coaches, student-athletes, alumni, donors, fans, media and many more!
- Networking opportunities
- Apparel provided for game days
Interns will not receive financial compensation but can receive class credit upon prior approval from internship supervisor.
- Applications for 2017-18 internships are now closed.
- Interviews for External Communications and Public Relations, Strategic Engagement and Creative, and Strategic Partnerships will be held in-person or via video conferencing in March and applicants will receive notice of their status by early April. Ticket Servicing interview will take place in April and applications will be notified of their status by the end of April.
- Orientation and training will begin in late August/early September.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application process for the 2017-18 academic year is now closed.