Michigan Spirit Squad Appearances/Performances
Guidelines for Spirit Squad appearances
1. Requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the event date.
2. A private and secure changing room is required.
3. Water must be provided for all members.
4. Uniforms/Costumes will NOT be loaned or rented.
5. Event planners may publicize the Spirit Squad's appearance at their event. Please check with our trademark office on logo use at www.logos.umich.edu.
6. Event planners must provide a reasonable level of safety for our student athletes.
7. Spirit Squad members may pose for photos and video; however, no alcohol or beverages of any kind may be in the photo.
8. Rates listed are per team. The Event Planner will pay for the travel expenses for the Spirit Squads for events that are 25 miles or more from campus.
Request an appearance
1. Fill out a request form.
2. To qualify for a non-profit rate, please attach a W-9 and IRS Determination Letter to the request form. (i.e. 501 (c)(3)).
3. Requests must be received at least two weeks prior to event. Exceptions may be approved by the Spirit Department.
4. Upon receipt of your request, you will receive an email with confirmation of your request and the appearance fee for your event.
5. Completion of the request form does not guarantee that the request can be filled.
6. Confirmation of appearances can be expected approximately one month prior to the event and is dependent on the Spirit Squad's game and academic schedules.
7. Once your event has been approved, you will receive an invoice.