Feb. 20, 2011
• Connecticut (1-2) used a six-run second inning to spark a 16-9 win over Michigan (0-3) in the 2011 Big Ten/Big East Challenge Sunday morning (Feb. 20) at Jack Russell Stadium in Clearwater, Fla.
• The Wolverines have not held a lead yet in 2011 and are 0-3 for the first time since starting 0-5 in 2004 in Rich Maloney's second season as Wolverine head coach.
• Michigan is 4-5 in three years of the Big Ten/Big East Challenge. U-M was 3-0 in 2009, 1-2 in 2010 and 0-3 in 2011.
• Junior 3B John Lorenz, who is hitting .308 (4-for-13), was 2-for-5 Sunday as he extended his career-best hitting streak to 17 games with a second-inning single vs. Connecticut. He has 26 career multi-hit games.
• Senior/junior 1B Garrett Stephens, who leads the Wolverines with eight runs batted in, was 3-for-5 vs. Connecticut for his first multi-hit game of the season and his second career three-hit game.
• Freshman RF Michael O'Neill, who hit third in the lineup Sunday vs. Connecticut, extended his hitting streak to three games with a fifth-inning double. O'Neill is hitting .455 (5-for-11) with two doubles.
• Junior/sophomore Kevin Krantz, who made his first start of the year at 2B after two starts in LF, was 4-for-5 with a triple as he collected his first hits of the season Sunday vs. UConn. Krantz has two career multi-hit games, and it was his first career four-hit game.
• Junior catcher/DH Coley Crank was 2-for-4 with his second double of the season Sunday for his 28th career multi-hit game, and he has 18 two-hit games. Crank has reached base eight times in three games this season with four hits and four walks.
• Freshman LF/RHP Alex Lakatos was 2-for-4 with a double as he made his first start as a Wolverine Sunday vs. Connecticut. Lakatos pitched a scoreless seventh inning with a strikeout in his U-M mound debut.
• Senior co-captain 2B Anthony Toth missed Sunday's game vs. Connecticut due to illness, snapping at 114 games his streak of consecutive starts that included 55 games in 2009 and 57 in 2010.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2017 Michigan baseball ticket opportunities.