Feb. 24, 2012
• The win, the third straight for the Wolverines, gives Michigan a 15-6 record in college games played at the New York Mets' spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Michigan first played at the Mets complex in 2004.
• O'Neill has hits in 47 of his 58 games as a Wolverine, with 19 multi-hit games, 33 stolen bases and 11 doubles in his U-M career.
• Freshman LF Will Drake, who is hitting .438 (7-for-16), was 2-for-3 with three RBI. Drake's two-run triple in the seventh inning snapped a 6-6 tie and proved to be his first game-winning hit as a Wolverine.
• Drake, who has hits in all four games this season, leads the team with seven runs scored and four stolen bases. He shares the lead in hits (7) and batting average (.438) with Michael O'Neill.
• Junior co-captain CF Patrick Biondi, who is hitting .353 (6-for-17), was 2-for-3 with a pair of singles, two runs scored and two stolen bases. Biondi, who has a five-game hitting streak, has 41 career multi-hit games.
• Biondi ranks fourth on U-M's career stolen base list with 59 as he chases Steve Finken (65 steals 1986-88) in third place.
• Biondi, who led the Wolverines with 36 runs scored in 2011, has scored runs in each of the first four games of 2012 and has scored 110 runs in 115 games in his Wolverine career.
• Sophomore 1B Brett Winger, who is hitting .333 (4-for-12), was 1-for-4 with a two-run triple. It was his first career three-bagger as a Wolverine.
• Junior shortstop Derek Dennis, who is hitting .273 (3-for-11), was 1-for-3, extending his hitting streak to three games with his team-leading third double of the season. Dennis has 13 doubles as a Wolverine.
• Freshman LHP Trent Szkutnik (0-0, 0.00 ERA) pitched a scoreless ninth inning, allowing one hit and collecting a strikeout to record his first save as a Wolverine.