Feb. 26, 2012
• Michigan has a 17-7 record in college games played at the New York Mets spring training complex in Port St. Lucie, Fla. Michigan first played at the Mets complex in 2004.
• Sophomore RF Michael O'Neill, who extended his hitting streak to five games with a third-inning single, leads the team in hitting at .464 (13-for-28). O'Neill was 2-for-4 with a run-scoring double and two stolen bases in Sunday's series finale vs. Iona. O'Neill was 8-for-15 (.533) with five doubles in the Iona series.
• O'Neill has hits in 50 of his 61 games as a Wolverine with 22 multi-hit games, 37 stolen bases and 14 doubles in his U-M career.
• O'Neill has five consecutive multi-hit games and leads the team in hits (13), doubles (6) and average (.464). He and Patrick Biondi share the team lead with seven stolen bases each.
• Freshman LF Will Drake, who is hitting .385 (10-for-26), was 1-for-3 with two walks, two runs scored, a stolen base and a run-scoring single Sunday vs. Iona. Drake's single snapped a 5-5 tie in the bottom of the ninth inning for his second game-winning RBI of the season.
• Drake has at least one hit in each of his first seven games as a Wolverine. He leads the team in runs (11) and shares the lead in RBI (9) with 3B John Lorenz.
• Junior co-captain CF Patrick Biondi, who is hitting .292 (7-for-24), was 0-for-2 in five plate appearances with two HBPs, two runs scored, a stolen base and a ninth-inning sacrifice bunt that set up U-M's winning run Sunday.
• Biondi, who shares the team lead with seven stolen bases, ranks fourth on U-M's career stolen base list with 63 as he chases Steve Finken (65 steals, 1986-88) in third place.
• Biondi, who has scored nine times this season, has scored 114 runs in 118 games in his Wolverine career.
• Biondi was hit by a pitch leading off the first inning of Sunday's game vs. Iona, and he moved to second on a walk, stole third, and scored U-M's first run. Biondi has scored in the first inning as U-M's leadoff batter 35 times in his Wolverine career (21 times in 2010, 12 times in 2011 and twice so far in 2012).
• Senior co-captain 3B John Lorenz, who is hitting .231 (6-for-26), was 1-for-3 with a two-run double in Sunday's win over Iona. He shares the team lead with nine RBI. Lorenz has 35 doubles as a Wolverine.
• Senior RHP Kevin Vangheluwe (1-0, 0.00 ERA) worked 1.1 innings out of the bullpen in his season debut as he recorded his first win of the season. It was his third career win as a Wolverine.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2018 Michigan baseball ticket opportunities.