Feb. 29, 2012
• Sophomore RF Michael O'Neill, who extended his hitting streak to six games with a first-inning home run, leads the team in hitting at .438 (14-for-32) after going 1-for-4. O'Neill has hits in 51 of his 62 games as a Wolverine, with five career homers.
• Sophomore 1B Brett Winger, who is hitting .333 (8-for-24), was 1-for-3 with a seventh-inning single as he extended his hit streak to two games by collecting one of Michigan's four hits in the game.
• Freshman DH/OF Zack Zott collected his first career hit in his first career at-bat with a second-inning single. He became the fourth true freshman to collect his first Wolverine hit this season joining, LF Will Drake, DH Kevin White and 2B/SS Dylan Delaney.
• Junior/sophomore C/2B John DiLaura, who is hitting 1.000 (2-for-2), extended his hitting streak to two games with a pinch-hit single in the eighth inning.
• Freshman RHP Trent Szkutnik (0-0, 6.75 ERA, one save) struck out a team season-high eight batters while allowing four runs on one hit with five walks in 3.1 innings. Szkutnik leads the team with nine strikeouts for the season.