Feb. 29, 2012
• Sophomore RF Michael O'Neill, who extended his hitting streak to six games with a first-inning home run, leads the team in hitting at .438 (14-for-32) after going 1-for-4. O'Neill has hits in 51 of his 62 games as a Wolverine, with five career homers.
• Sophomore 1B Brett Winger, who is hitting .333 (8-for-24), was 1-for-3 with a seventh-inning single as he extended his hit streak to two games by collecting one of Michigan's four hits in the game.
• Freshman DH/OF Zack Zott collected his first career hit in his first career at-bat with a second-inning single. He became the fourth true freshman to collect his first Wolverine hit this season joining, LF Will Drake, DH Kevin White and 2B/SS Dylan Delaney.
• Junior/sophomore C/2B John DiLaura, who is hitting 1.000 (2-for-2), extended his hitting streak to two games with a pinch-hit single in the eighth inning.
• Freshman RHP Trent Szkutnik (0-0, 6.75 ERA, one save) struck out a team season-high eight batters while allowing four runs on one hit with five walks in 3.1 innings. Szkutnik leads the team with nine strikeouts for the season.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2017 Michigan baseball ticket opportunities.