March 11, 2012
• The shutout by Notre Dame was the second straight suffered by the Wolverines and it marked the first back-to-back blankings of U-M since April 14 and April 15, 1979, when Wisconsin won 2-0 in the second game of a Big Ten doubleheader and Minnesota won the opener 3-0 the next day. The last time Michigan was shut out twice by the same opponent was to Detroit 2-0 and 3-0 on April 12, 1978.
• Michigan scored its first run of the weekend on a home run by freshman SS Dylan Delaney in the third inning against LSU, snapping Michigan's scoreless string at 23 innings. The streak included three innings versus Xavier (March 4), nine against LSU (March 9), nine with Notre Dame (March 10) and two at LSU (March 10).
• Delaney, who is hitting .170 (8-for-47), was 2-for-3 with his first career homer in the second game. Delaney has two multi-hit games as a Wolverine.
• Sophomore 1B Brett Winger, who is hitting .321 (17-for-53), was 1-for-4 versus Notre Dame to extend his hitting streak to eight games, but he was 0-for-4 against LSU to snap the streak.
• Senior/junior LHP Bobby Brosnahan (2-2; 2.54 ERA) pitched Michigan's first nine-inning complete game of the season. Brosnahan allowed five hits, one earned run and collected four strikeouts.
• Junior/sophomore 2B John DiLaura, who is hitting .563 (9-for-16), extended his personal career-best hitting streak to six games as he was 2-for-3 versus Notre Dame and 2-for-4 against LSU. DiLaura has three multi-hit games this season and seven in his U-M career.
• Freshman LF Will Drake, who is hitting .382 (21-for-55), was 5-for-8 with two doubles in LSU Tournament action Saturday. He was 2-for-4 versus Notre Dame and 3-for-4 against LSU, with a double in each game. Drake has five multi-hit games this season and two of those are three-hit games
• Senior co-captain 3B John Lorenz, who is hitting .241 (14-for-58), was 3-for-8 in tournament action Saturday with a 2-for-4 game against Notre Dame. Lorenz, who has a three-game hit streak, has four multi-hit games this season and 41 for his U-M career.
• Junior co-captain CF/2B Patrick Biondi, who is hitting .214 (12-for-56), was 1-for-4 with a stolen base against Notre Dame. He was 0-for-5 versus LSU.
• Biondi, who leads the team with 10 stolen bases, collected his 66th career steal to snap his tie for third on Michigan's career stolen base list with Steve Finken (65 steals 1986-88). Former Wolverine OF Jim Durham (74 steals, 1986-89) is second on the list.
• Senior catcher/DH Coley Crank, who is hitting .229 (11-for-48), was 2-for-8 in tournament action Saturday. He was 1-for-4 with a double versus Notre Dame and 1-for-4 with a home run against LSU. Crank has 12 runs batted in this season and 120 in his U-M career.
• Crank with 26 homers moved into a tie for 11th on Michigan's career home run list with Major League Hall of Famer Barry Larkin (26 homers, 1983-85) and former teammate Mike Dufek (26, 2007-2010).
• Sophomore RF Michael O'Neill, who is hitting .410 (25-for-61), was 1-for-8 in tournament action Saturday. He was 1-for-4 with his team-leading sixth homer of the season against host LSU.
• O'Neill has hits in 56 of his 69 games as a Wolverine, with 26 multi-hit games, 39 stolen bases, 16 doubles and eight homers.