April 2, 2013
• Michigan's four-pitcher shutout over Bowling Green Tuesday is the second of the year for the Wolverines, with the first by a score of 11-0 over St. Louis (March 2) in Florida.
• Sophomore LF Zach Zott, who is hitting .339 (19-for-56), was 2-for-4 with a run-scoring single in the first inning to extend his career-best hitting streak to eight games.
• Zott's first-inning RBI proved to be his first career game-winning RBI.
• Zott has six multi-hit games this season and 11 in his U-M career. Zott has all six of his 2013 multi-hit games in his current eight-game hit streak, including four consecutive two-hit games.
• Junior OF Michael O'Neill, who is hitting .374 (43-for-115), was 1-for-4 with a first-inning single, a stolen base and a run scored.
• O'Neill has hits in 23 of the 26 games this season and 27 of his last 30 games.
• O'Neill's stolen base is his 11th of the season to lead the Wolverines. O'Neill ranks fifth on Michigan's career stolen base list with 60. Steve Finken (1986-88) is fourth on the list with 65 steals.
• Freshman 2B/RHP Jacob Cronenworth, who is hitting .344 (33-for-96), was 1-for-4 with a seventh-inning double to extend his season/career-best hitting streak to 11 games.
• Cronenworth (0-1, 1.38 ERA, four saves) worked a scoreless ninth inning for his team-leading fourth save of the season.
• Sophomore RHP Matt Ogden (3-0, 3.32 ERA) pitched 3.2 scoreless innings, allowing three hits, and he recorded four strikeouts to record the win out of the bullpen.
• Ogden (6-4) has six career wins in his 10 decisions in 28 career appearances (two starts) as a Wolverine.
• Junior catcher Cole Martin, who is hitting .142 (12-for-79), was 1-for-2 with a double and a walk. Martin is 4-for-8 (.500) with two doubles and a homer in his last three games.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2017 Michigan baseball ticket opportunities.