April 6, 2013
• Freshman LHP Evan Hill (5-1, 1.74 ERA) pitched 8.0 innings, allowing four hits and one unearned run, Saturday against Michigan State. Hill collected his fifth win of the season and his second in Big Ten play.
• Hill had four strikeouts vs. MSU to push his team-leading total to 30 strikeouts in a total of 51.2 innings in his eight starts. Hill is 2-0 with an ERA of 0.60 in his two conference starts.
• Sophomore LF Zach Zott, who is hitting .338 (23-for-68), was 2-for-4 with a single, a double and his ninth stolen base of the season.
• Zott, who has hits in 10 of his last 11 games, has eight multi-hit games this season and 13 in his U-M career. He has had two hits in six of his last seven games.
• Freshman SS Travis Maezes, who is hitting .292 (33-for-113), was 1-for-3 Saturday with a first-inning triple, a walk and a run scored. Maezes has three triples.
• Maezes, who has a three-game hitting streak, is hitting .588 (10-for-17) in his last four Big Ten games.
• Freshman 2B/RHP Jacob Cronenworth, who is hitting .343 (37-for-108), was 1-for-4 with a fourth-inning double Saturday to extend his career-best hitting streak to 14 games. He also had a walk and a run scored in the win.
• Cronenworth (0-1, 1.20 ERA, five saves) worked a scoreless ninth inning with two strikeouts to close out the 5-1 win over MSU in a non-save situation. Cronenworth has 14 strikeouts in his 15 innings of work in 10 relief appearances in 2013.
• Freshman 1B Jack Sexton, who is hitting .200 (16-for-80), was 2-for-4 with a pair of singles and one RBI Saturday. Sexton has three multi-hit games in 2013.
• Junior OF Michael O'Neill, who is hitting .363 (45-for-124), was 0-for-3 Saturday vs. Michigan State, but his first-inning sacrifice fly proved to be his third game-winning RBI of the season. O'Neill is Michigan's active career leader with nine gamers.
• Senior captain CF Patrick Biondi, who is hitting .388 (26-for-67), went 0-for-2 with a walk, a sacrifice bunt, and a run scored as his hitting streak was snapped at 23 games over the past two seasons. Biondi has hits in 34 of his last 37 games.
• Biondi scored one run Saturday, giving him 20 runs scored in 2013 and pushing his career total to 169 runs. He ranks sixth on Michigan's career runs scored list. Hall of Famer Barry Larkin (172 runs, 1983-85) and U-M career hit leader Mike Cervenak (172 runs, 1996-99) are tied for fourth.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2017 Michigan baseball ticket opportunities.