Jan. 9, 2011
Recap | Box Score | Photo Gallery
• With the loss, Michigan falls to 11-5 for the season. The Wolverines are now 10-2 at Crisler Arena this season.
• This was Michigan's first game to go into overtime this season. The Wolverines are now 5-2 under John Beilein in overtime contests.
• Today was the seventh meeting between Michigan and Kansas. The Wolverines are now 5-2 all-time against the Jayhawks. The teams met in Lawrence last season, with Kansas prevailing, 75-64.
• Sunday's game was the third against a ranked opponent this season for Michigan. The Wolverines are 0-3 against ranked foes this season. U-M will get a chance to improve this record as they take on No. 2 Ohio State at Crisler Arena on Wednesday (Jan. 12).
• Tim Hardaway Jr. led the Wolverines in scoring, with 19 points, including 7-of-8 from the free throw line. Hardaway Jr. also tied a career high with seven rebounds, and added an assist, two steals and two blocks.
• Zack Novak recorded his fourth double-double of the season with 12 points and a team-high 11 rebounds. This was U-M's first loss this season when a player has a double-double.
• Darius Morris had 16 points on 6-of-14 (43 percent) shooting. U-M is now 10-2 when Darius Morris scores in double figures. Morris added a game-high seven assists, along with four rebounds and a steal.
• Stu Douglass grabbed a career-high 10 rebounds. Douglass' previous high rebound total was five, which he last recorded against Coppin State on Dec. 22, 2009. Douglass added four points, an assist and a steal in the loss to Kansas.
• Jordan Morgan and Zack Novak each fouled out in the loss to Kansas. This marked only the second game this season in which a Wolverine has fouled out.
• Michigan held Kansas to a season-low 67 points, 19 points below the Jayhawks' season average (85.6 ppg).
• Michigan scored a season-low 18 points in the first half. In the half, U-M shot 6-of-23 (26 percent) from the field, including a season-low 1-of-10 (10 percent) from beyond the arc.
• Kansas won the rebounding battle, 43-42. Michigan is 4-5 this season when it is outrebounded by its opponent.
• Michigan dished out nine assists and turned the ball over 15 times. The Wolverines are 2-3 this season when they record a negative assist/turnover ratio.
• The game featured two lead changes, with Kansas leading by as much as 15 in the first half. Michigan's only lead came on a Zack Novak three-pointer to begin the overtime period. U-M never led again after Markieff Morris hit a three-pointer with 3:41 remaining in overtime.
• Kansas outscored Michigan in points off turnovers (18-14) and fast-break points (6-5). The Wolverines outscored the Jayhawks in points in the paint (28-24) and second-chance points (13-11).
• Keeping in theme with the "Maize Out" at Crisler Arena, the Wolverines wore their maize jerseys for the sixth time this season. Michigan is now 3-3 this season when wearing maize.
• For the third straight game, Michigan went with the starting lineup of Darius Morris, Zack Novak, Tim Hardaway Jr., Evan Smotrycz and Jordan Morgan. The Wolverines have used this lineup in all but one game this season.