Jan. 24, 2012
• With the win, Michigan improves to 16-5 for the season and 6-2 in Big Ten play. This was the Wolverines' first road win in conference play; they are now 2-4 in road games this season.
• Tuesday's win was Michigan's first inside Mackey Arena in their last seven tries and snapped a two-game overall losing streak to the Boilermakers. Michigan improves to 62-83 (56-77*) all-time against Purdue and 22-51 against the Boilermakers in West Lafayette. Coach John Beilein is now 2-5 against Purdue in his Michigan career.
• Tuesday's matchup marked the first of two meetings between Michigan and Purdue this season. The Wolverines will host the Boilermakers for Senior Night inside Crisler Center on Feb. 25 or 26 (CBS wildcard to be determined no later than Feb. 10).
• Tim Hardaway Jr. led the Wolverines in scoring for the 11th time this season, netting 19 points on 8-of-15 shooting, including 2-of-6 from behind the arc. This was his highest scoring output since registering 19 points against Northwestern (Jan. 11). Hardaway added four rebounds and an assist.
• Coming off the bench, Evan Smotrycz scored 10 points on 3-of-5 shooting, including 1-of-2 from behind the arc. This was his first double-digit scoring night since registering 10 points against Penn State (Dec. 29). Smotrycz added two rebounds.
• Zack Novak led the Wolverines in rebounding for the fourth time this season, grabbing eight boards, all of which were defensive. Novak has posted at least seven rebounds in four games this season. He added five points and three assists in the win.
• Trey Burke had a team-high six assists, leading the Wolverines in assists for the 18th time this season. He has dished out at least five assists in 11 games this season. Burke added six points, three rebounds and a block.
• Michigan shot 54 percent (27-of-50) from the field, including 60 percent (15-of-25) in the second half. This was the Wolverines' best shooting performance in conference play this season.
• Michigan won the rebounding battle 30-23. The Wolverines are now 11-2 this season when they outrebound their opponent.
• The Wolverines had 15 assists and turned the ball over 12 times. U-M is 10-3 this season when registering a positive assist/turnover ratio.
• The Wolverines are now 2-1 this season when wearing their blue jerseys.
• For the third straight game, Michigan went with the starting lineup of Trey Burke, Stu Douglass, Zack Novak, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Jordan Morgan. Douglass has now appeared in 123 consecutive games for the Wolverines, having not missed a single game in his career.
Join the season ticket interest list for priority access to 2014-15 Michigan men's basketball tickets.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2014-15 Michigan men's basketball ticket opportunities.