Feb. 2, 2014
• The Wolverines suffered their first loss in conference play and had a 10-game winning streak snapped in Bloomington, the second-longest win stretch under head coach John Beilein (Michigan went 16-0 to start the 2012-13 season).
• The Maize and Blue remain atop the Big Ten standings at 8-1 (own tiebreaker between U-M and MSU).
• U-M falls to 56-104 all-time in the series against Indiana and just 12-65 in Bloomington.
• Michigan leads the nation with 14.9 fouls per contest and finished with 15 today, keeping IU off of the free-throw line until 6:24 into the 2nd half. The Hoosiers got to the line late but finished 9-of-15 on the day.
• The Wolverines were 8-of-8 from the charity stripe in the first half, including a perfect 6-of-6 effort from Derrick Walton Jr., and finished 13-of-18 from the line (72.2 percent).
• The Wolverines tied season lows in first-half points (22, last at Duke, Dec. 3) and first-half turnovers (8, Purdue, Jan. 30, 2014), set a new season low with 30 second-half points and tied season lows in three-point field goals made (3, last at Duke Dec. 3) and attempted (13, last at Duke Dec. 3).
• Derrick Walton Jr. finished with 13 points on 3-of-6 shooting, registering in double digits for the sixth time in nine Big Ten matchups. The freshman is shooting 57.4 percent (27-of-47) in conference play, including 58.8 percent from three (10-of-17) after shooting 33.3 percent (12-of-36) in a dozen nonconference tilts.
• After going 6-of-6 from the free throw line, Walton Jr. has converted 28-of-37 attempts (75.6 percent) in nine Big Ten contests, including 15-of-17 (88.2)over the last three games after hitting 16-of-22 attempts in 12 non-conference games.
• Jordan Morgan tied his season high with nine rebounds in the first half, pulling down 10 of Michigan's 22 boards and added two blocks.