Football Posts Second Straight Shutout, Blanks Maryland in B1G Opener
Kornacki: Johnson Shines Saturday in Front of Cheer Coach Mother
Kornacki: Johnson Has Pinch-Me Rushing Performance Against Hoosiers
Johnson, Darboh Break Out; U-M 'D' Wears Down IU for Homecoming Win
Competition, Brotherhood Drive Michigan's Backfield
Drake Johnson plans to attend five different Thanksgiving locations on Thursday and shares the itinerary with MGoBlue.com.
Just who is Drake Johnson? MGoBlue sits down with the 6-foot, 211-pound running back to see what makes him tick on and off the field.
Highlights from the Wolverines' 34-10 Homecoming win over Indiana.
With just a touchdown and extra point worth of days left before the season opener, CTK continues with features on U-M's running back tandem of Justice Hayes and Drake Johnson.
• Attempts: 16 - Indiana, 2014
• Yards: 122 - Indiana, 2014
• Touchdowns: 2 - twice (last: Ohio State, 2014)
• Long: 32 - Indiana, 2014
• One-year letterman
• Has appeared in 23 games, making three starts.
• Has appeared in 10 games, making one start
• Oregon State (Sept. 12): Recorded his first carry since coming off of injury, running for three yards
• UNLV (Sept. 19): Ran five times for 28 yards
• BYU (Sept. 26): Had five carries for 26 yards
• at Maryland (Oct. 3): Carried the ball 13 times for 71 yards and a touchdown; Added one catch for 31 yards and a touchdown
• Northwestern (Oct. 10): Ran twice for three yards and a touchdown
• at Minnesota (Oct. 31): Rushed 10 times for 55 yards, averaging 5.5 yards per carry with a long of 13 yards
• Rutgers (Nov. 7): Ran the ball seven times for 27 yards and a touchdown; caught one pass for 28 yards
• Earned first varsity letter
• Appeared in 12 games, making two starts
• Carried the ball 60 times for 361 yards and four touchdowns
• at Ohio State (Nov. 29): Rushed for 74 yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries
• Maryland (Nov. 22): Tallied 94 yards on 14 attempts
• at Northwestern (Nov. 8): Carried 10 times for 30 yards, made first career start
• Indiana (Nov. 1): Set career-highs with 16 carries for 122 yards and two touchdowns
• at Michigan State (Oct. 25): Rushed for 13 yards on two carries
• Appalachian State (Aug. 30): Rushed for 28 yards on three carries, and had a career-long 27-yard run.
• Appeared in one game as a reserve running back and on special teams
• Central Michigan (Aug. 31): Suffered a torn ACL, forcing him to miss the remainder of the season.
• Did not see game action
• Attended Ann Arbor Pioneer High School (2012) coached by Paul Test
• Rushed for 2,805 yards and 37 touchdowns on 343 carries as a senior
• Finished 95 yards shy of Michigan state rushing record
• Also caught five passes for 83 yards and a touchdown as a senior
Honors and Rankings
• Selected to participate in the 2012 MHSFCA East-West All-Star Game
• Unanimous selection to the 2011 Associated Press All-State team
• Named to the Detroit News Blue Chip List as a senior
• Named to the 2011 Detroit Free Press Dream Team
• Also lettered in track all four years
• Was All-America in 110-meter high hurdles and won two state titles in the event
• Won two indoor state titles in 60-meter HH
• Was all-state choice
• Was anchor on national championship shuttle hurdle team as junior.
• Drake Johnson was born March 8, 1994
• Father, Michael, and mother, Pamela St. John, both attended Michigan, and Pamela is Michigan's cheerleading coach
• Brother, Carter, ran track at Eastern Michigan
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, majoring in environmental studies.