Football's Clark Following in Grandfather's Footsteps
Defense back Jeremy Clark, who will make his fourth straight start on Saturday against Utah, talks about the challenges of the Utes' fast-paced offense.
• Tackles: 4 - Minnesota, 2014
• Pass breakups: 1 - twice (last: Oregon State, 2015)
• Two-year letterman
• Has appeared in 29 games as a defensive back, making 12 starts.
• Has appeared in 11 games, making 6 starts.
• at Utah (Sept. 3): Made two tackles; notched first career interception, which he returned for 17 yards
• Oregon State (Sept. 12): Recorded a pass breakup
• UNLV (Sept. 19): Recorded second career interception
• BYU (Sept. 26): Made first start of the season at cornerback; tallied three tackles, including two solo stops
• at Maryland (Oct. 3): Made three tackles and recorded his third interception of the season
• Northwestern (Oct. 10): Recorded two tackles
• Rutgers (Nov. 7): Tallied two tackles
• at Indiana (Nov. 14): Had four tackles, three of which were solo
• Earned second varsity letter
• Appeared in 11 games, making six starts
• Recorded 18 tackles and 10 solos
• Minnesota(Sept. 27): Posted a career-high four tackles
• Miami (OH) (Sept. 13): Recorded one tackle
• at Notre Dame (Sept. 6): Notched three tackles
• Appalachian State (Aug. 30): Recorded three tackles and one pass breakup in first collegiate start.
• Earned first varsity letter
• Appeared in one game as a reserve safety
• Also contributed on special teams.
• Did not see game action
• Attended Madisonville North Hopkins High School (2012) coached by Will Weaver
• Ran 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds
• Recorded 70 tackles, 15 pass breakups, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, three interceptions and four defensive touchdowns as a senior
• Compiled 75 tackles, eight pass breakups and three interceptions as a junior
Honors and Rankings
• Was named to Kentucky Bluegrass all-star team and was all-state first-team choice
• Also lettered twice in track and field
• Was named MVP
• Jeremy Clark was born June 29, 1994
• Grandfather, William McFarland, played football at Oklahoma State
• Enrolled in the College of Literature Science and Arts, majoring in general studies.