Bolden, Kerridge Selected Football Captains for 2015 Season
Kornacki: Bolden Leads Wolverines into Senior Season
Football's Bolden, Ross Tabbed to Butkus Watch List
Three Wolverines to Join Harbaugh at Big Ten Football Media Days
Football's Bolden Named to 2015 Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Devin Gardner, Joe Bolden, Derrick Green, Jake Butt and Amarah Darboh comment on their 34-10 win over Miami (Ohio).
Linebacker Joe Bolden, who recorded a career-high 10 tackles last week at Notre Dame, talks expectations, maturity, and his familiarity with U-M's next opponent Miami (Ohio).
LB Joe Bolden talks about his love for the game and what he works on day in and day out going into 2014 in MGoBlue.com's latest Countdown to Kickoff installment.
• Tackles: 14 - Maryland, 2014
• TFLs: 2 - twice (last: Indiana, 2014)
• Sacks: 1 - 5x (last: Indiana, 2014)
• Three-year letterman
• Has appeared in 38 games at linebacker, making 16 starts.
• Earned third varsity letter
• Appeared in 12 games, making 12 starts
• Recorded 102 tackles, four TFLs and two sacks
OHIO STATE (Nov. 29)
• Tallied nine tackles and one QB hit
MARYLAND (Nov. 22)
• Posted a career-high 14 tackles
NORTHWESTERN (Nov. 8)
• Tallied seven tackles
INDIANA (Nov. 1)
• Recorded nine tackles, including one sack and two TFLs
MICHIGAN STATE (Oct. 25)
• Posted a career-high 12 tackles
RUTGERS (Oct. 4)
• Led team with 10 tackles for second straight week
MINNESOTA (Sept. 27)
• Matched his career high with 10 tackles
• Posted one sack and 1.5 TFLs
UTAH (Sept. 20)
• Recorded six tackles and 0.5 TFLs
MIAMI (OH) (Sept. 13)
• Recorded a team-high seven tackles and had one pass break up
NOTRE DAME (Sept. 6)
• Tied career high with 10 tackles
APPALACHIAN STATE (Aug. 30)
• Recorded five tackles.
• Earned second varsity letter
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement award
• Appeared in 13 games at linebacker, making four starts
• Also contributed on special teams
• recorded 54 tackles, 4.0 TFLs and two sacks
KANSAS STATE (Dec. 28)
• Made four stops and recorded one sack
OHIO STATE (Nov. 30)
• Made five tackles, including first career sack
MICHIGAN STATE (Nov. 2)
• Registered eight tackles
PENN STATE (Oct. 12)
• Tallied six tackles
CONNECTICUT (Sept. 21)
• Recorded a team best six tackles, including one for-a-loss
• Earned Meyer Morton spring award for player who showed the greatest development and most promise as a result of spring practice.
• ESPN.com All-Big Ten Freshman Team
• BTN.com All-Big Ten Freshman Team
• Earned first varsity letter
• Appeared in 12 games as a reserve linebacker and 13 games on special teams
• Posted 31 tackles, 16 solos, four tackles for losses, one sack and one fumble recovery
SOUTH CAROLINA (Jan. 1)
• Posted three tackles and one TFL
IOWA (Nov. 17)
• Notched six tackles, including five solos and two tackles-for-loss ...
NORTHWESTERN (Nov. 10)
• Recorded two tackles and his first career fumble recovery
MASSACHUSETTS (Sept. 15)
• Recorded first career sack for a loss of 24 yards
AIR FORCE (Sept. 8)
• Posted a career-high 10 tackles
ALABAMA (Sept. 1)
• Made career debut as a reserve linebacker and special teams contributor
• attended Colerain High School (2011) coached by his uncle, Tom Bolden
• Totaled 86 tackles, six tackles for loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and one interception returned for a touchdown as a senior
Honors and Rankings
• Participated in the Under Armour All-America Game and was chosen as captain
• Selected to the All-Ohio Football first team as a senior (2011)
• Was three-time all-conference first-team choice
• Earned three letters in baseball.
• Joseph Daniel Bolden was born August 19, 1993
• Father, Dan, played football at Hanover College
• Enrolled in the School of Kinesiology, majoring in sport management.
Learn about individual game tickets for the 2015 Michigan football season.