Football Holds Annual Spring Game
2012 Michigan Football Roster
Football Loses Lead, Outback Bowl on Gamecocks' Late TD
Postgame Notes: #11 South Carolina 33, #19 Michigan 28
Monday Press Conference Quotes (vs. Northwestern)
Annie Sabo reports on Mario Ojemudia, who broke out with two sacks at Northwestern and is blossoming in his third year under the tutelage of Coach Greg Mattison.
Michigan held off Northwestern late to move to 5-5 on the season.
• Tackles: 5 - twice (last: UNLV, 2015)
• TFLs: 2.5- Utah, 2014
• Sacks: 2.0 - Northwestern, 2014
• FR: 1 - 2x (last: Kansas State, 2013)
• FF: 1 - South Carolina, 2012
• Interceptions: 1 - Nebraska, 2012
• Three-year letterman
• Has appeared in 37 games, making seven starts at defensive line and linebacker.
• Has appeared in four games, making four starts at linebacker
• at Utah (Sept. 3): Made a career-high five tackles, including one for a five-yard loss; registered half a sack
• UNLV (Sept. 19): Matched career-best with five tackles, including 1.5 TFL
• BYU (Sept. 26): Recorded three tackles, including a sack
• Earned third varsity letter
• Appeared in 11 games, making three starts
• Recorded 32 tackles, 17 solos, 7.5 TFLs and 3.5 sacks
OHIO STATE (Nov. 29)
• Tallied three tackles
MARYLAND (Nov. 22)
• Recorded five tackles, including 0.5 TFLs .
NORTHWESTERN (Nov. 8)
• Posted a career-high two sacks for 18 yards total
PENN STATE (Oct. 11)
• Recorded 0.5 sacks
MINNESOTA (Sept. 27)
• Posted three tackles, including one sack
UTAH (Sept. 20)
• Posted four tackles, including a career-high 2.5 TFLs
MIAMI (OH) (Sept. 13)
• Recorded one tackle
APPALACHIAN STATE (Aug. 30)
• Recorded three tackles.
• Earned second varsity letter
• Appeared in 13 games as a reserve defensive end
• Also contributed on special teams
• Registered 20 tackles, 1.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks and one fumble recovery
KANSAS STATE (Dec. 28)
• Notched his second career fumble recovery
CONNECTICUT (Sept. 21)
• Tallied two tackles, 0.5 tackles for a loss and 0.5 sacks
AKRON (Sept. 14)
• Registered four tackles and a QB hit
CENTRAL MICHIGAN (Aug. 31)
• Registered one sack.
• Earned first varsity letter
• Appeared in nine games as a reserve defensive end
• Missed games vs. Northwestern (Nov. 10) and Minnesota (Nov. 3) due to injury
SOUTH CAROLINA (Jan. 1)
• Notched first career forced fumble
• Posted one TFL
NEBRASKA (Oct. 27)
• Posted first career interception
ILLINOIS (Oct. 13)
• Notched first career sack and first career fumble recovery
MASSACHUSETTS (Sept. 15)
• Recorded career-high four tackles, including three solo stops
ALABAMA (Sept. 1)
• Made career debut as a reserve defensive end and special teams contributor
• Tallied three tackles and 0.5 TFL.
• Attended Harrison High School (2012) coached by John Herrington
• Helped lead team to Michigan Division II state title as a junior
• Ran 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds
• Was high school teammate of former Wolverine Devin Funchess
• Recorded 80 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, 16 sacks, one fumble recovery and one blocked punt as a senior
• Tallied 127 tackles and 12 sacks as a junior
Honors and Rankings
• Named Associated Press Michigan all-state first team choice as a senior
• Named as the top prospect on the Detroit News Blue Chip List as a senior
• Named to the Detroit Free Press Dream Team as junior and senior
• Chosen to Semper Fidelis All-American team
• Rated as a three-star prospect and the No. 12 player in the state by Rivals.com
• Rated as a four-star recruit and the No. 20 defensive end in the nation by Scout.com
• Rated as a four-star recruit, the No. 23 defensive end nationally and the No. 5 prospect from Michigan by ESPN.com
• Also lettered in track and field.
• Mario Ojemudia was born on May 30, 1994
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts, majoring in communication studies.
Learn about individual game tickets for the 2015 Michigan football season.