Feb. 2, 2011
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- University of Michigan head football coach Brady Hoke announced today (Wednesday, Feb. 2) the signing of 20 individuals to binding Letters of Intent during the first day of the signing period. The announcement was made during a press conference held in the Junge Family Champions Center at 2 p.m. EST.
The Wolverines' recruiting class consists of players from seven different states, including seven student-athletes from Ohio and six from Michigan.
2011 Michigan Football Signees
As of 2:30 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Feb. 2
|Player||Pos.||Ht.||Wt.||Hometown (High School)||Coach|
|Chris Barnett||TE||6-5||250||Hurst, Texas (L.D. Bell)||Gary Olivo|
|Russell Bellomy||QB||6-3||178||Arlington, Texas (Martin)||Bob Wager|
|Brennen Beyer||DE||6-3||225||Canton, Mich. (Plymouth)||Mike Swachuck|
|Greg Brown||DB||5-10||180||Fremont, Ohio (Ross)||Derek Kidwell|
|Chris Bryant||OL||6-4||330||Chicago, Ill. (Simeon)||Dante Culbreath|
|Tamani Carter||DB||5-11||175||Pickerington, Ohio (Central)||Jay Sharrett|
|Frank Clark||LB||6-2||210||Cleveland, Ohio (Glenville)||Ted Ginn Sr.|
|Blake Countess||DB||5-10||175||Owings Mills, Md. (Our Lady of Good Counsel)||Bob Milloy|
|Justice Hayes||RB||5-10||175||Grand Blanc, Mich. (Grand Blanc Community)||Joe Delaney|
|Keith Heitzman||DE||6-3||237||Hilliard, Ohio (Hilliard Davidson)||Brian White|
|Delonte Hollowell||DB||5-9||170||Detroit, Mich. (Cass Technical)||Thomas Wilcher|
|Kellen Jones||LB||6-1||215||Houston, Texas (St. Pius X)||Jason Kimball|
|Jack Miller||OL||6-4||268||Perrysburg, Ohio (St. John's Jesuit)||Doug Pearson|
|Desmond Morgan||LB||6-1||225||Holland, Mich. (West Ottawa)||Jim Caserta|
|Antonio Poole||LB||6-2||210||Cincinnati, Ohio (Winton Woods)||Andre Parker|
|Tony Posada||OL||6-4||330||Tampa, Fla. (Plant)||Rob Weiner|
|Thomas Rawls||RB||5-10||220||Flint, Mich. (Flint Northern)||Fred Jackson Jr.|
|Chris Rock||DE||6-5||250||Columbus, Ohio (St. Francis DeSales)||Ryan Wiggins|
|Raymon Taylor||DB||5-10||170||Detroit, Mich. (Highland Park)||Cedric Dertch|
|Matt Wile||K||6-2||210||San Diego, Calif. (Francis Parker)||John Morrison|
Players by State
California (1): Matt Wile
Florida (1): Tony Posada
Illinois (1): Chris Bryant
Maryland (1): Blake Countess
Michigan (6): Brennen Beyer, Justice Hayes, Delonte Hollowell, Desmond Morgan, Thomas Rawls, Raymon Taylor
Ohio (7): Greg Brown, Tamani Carter, Frank Clark, Keith Heitzman, Jack Miller, Antonio Poole, Chris Rock
Texas (3): Chris Barnett, Russell Bellomy, Kellen Jones
Players by Position
Defensive Back (5): Greg Brown, Tamani Carter, Blake Countess, Delonte Hollowell, Raymon Taylor
Defensive End (3): Brennen Beyer, Keith Heitzman, Chris Rock
Kicker (1): Matt Wile
Linebacker (4): Frank Clark, Kellen Jones, Desmond Morgan, Antonio Poole
Offensive Line (3): Chris Bryant, Jack Miller, Tony Posada
Tight End (1): Chris Barnett
Quarterback (1): Russell Bellomy
Running Back (2): Justice Hayes, Thomas Rawls
N O T E S
• Six recruits were listed as four-star prospects according to Rivals.com: Chris Barnett, Brennen Beyer, Chris Bryant, Blake Countess, Justice Hayes and Raymon Taylor.
• Five players are listed as four-star prospects by Scout.com: Brennen Beyer, Blake Countess, Justice Hayes, Kellen Jones and Antonio Poole.
• Michigan inked four of the top 17 players on The Detroit News Best of the Midwest rankings: Justice Hayes (3), Brennen Beyer (7), Delonte Hollowell (11), Raymon Taylor (16) and Desmond Morgan (17).
• The Wolverines signed three of the top eight players in Michigan according to the Detroit Free Press: Justice Hayes (6), Brennen Beyer (7) and Raymon Taylor (8). Delonte Hollowell (12) and Thomas Rawls (15) listed in the top 15 on the newspaper's rankings.
• Defensive back Blake Countess and kicker Matt Wile participated in the U.S. Army All-American game. Running back Justice Hayes was invited to participate but was unable to attend due to a wrist injury sustained during his senior season.
• Matt Wile is rated as the nation's fourth-best kicker by Scout.com.
• Hayes is rated as the third-best all-purpose back nationally and as the fourth-rated prospect in the state of Michigan.
• Michigan signed four of the top seven players in the state of Michigan according to Rivals.com: Hayes (4), Brennen Beyer (5), Taylor (6) and Hollowell (7).
• Defensive back Greg Brown is the lone early enrollee this year. He is from the same high school as Michigan's 1997 Heisman Trophy winner Charles Woodson and 1976 third-place finisher Rob Lytle.
• Quarterback Russell Bellomy participated in the Elite 11 Quarterback camp.
• Defensive end Chris Rock attended St. Francis DeSales High School in Columbus, Ohio, along with current Wolverine right guard Patrick Omameh.
Media Contact: David Ablauf (734) 763-4423