March 24, 2011
Beam Family of Brighton, Mich., Provides "Matching Gift" Incentive
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The University of Michigan football program will partner with C.S. Mott Children's Hospital for the annual spring game slated for Saturday, April 16, at noon EDT. The spring game is a free, public event, but the athletic department will use the spring game as a fundraising opportunity to assist in the construction of the new C.S. Mott Children's Hospital scheduled to open this fall. The new hospital will feature a one-of-a-kind Michigan Football Experience Room -- an interactive play area for patients at Mott to experience what it's like to be a Wolverine football player.
"There's a great connection between Mott Children's Hospital and our football program," said Michigan head coach Brady Hoke. "We are excited about the opening of the new hospital and the Michigan Football Experience Room where patients will be able to feel what it's like to be a real Wolverine football player. This is a great partnership, and the spring game provides us an opportunity to help assist with the cause of helping children."
Fans can make a donation of choice to C.S. Mott Children's Hospital upon entering the gates of Michigan Stadium. Donations are accepted at any level, but fans will receive giveaways for donating at the following levels:
- $5 donation receives a 5"x7" Fathead Trading Card of either Charles Woodson or Desmond Howard
- $20 donation receives a Fathead Teammate Block M (roughly 12"x7")
- $100 donation receives a Fathead Junior Big House Mural (17"x30")
- $250 donation receives four passes to a preseason scrimmage
- $500 donation receives two pregame sideline passes (does not include game tickets) to ONE of the following four games: Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan, San Diego State or Minnesota.
- $750 donation receives two pregame sideline passes (does not include game tickets) to the Nebraska game.
- $1,000 donation receives four Mott Club Tickets which includes ($300/individual ticket):
- Stadium Parking for Spring Game
- Priority Access (front of the line fast-pass) to the Michigan Experience
- Priority Access (front of the line fast-pass) to Locker Room Tour and associated experiences Friday or Saturday
- On-field experience during the Alumni Flag Football Game (designated bleacher area)
- Access to special viewing location for the Spring Game and a VIP Reception in the Regents Guest Area (food will be served) with drop-in from Desmond Howard and other football alums during and/or following the game
For more information regarding the donations to Mott, please contact Stephanie Cloutier at (734) 936-9134 or email@example.com.
For the second straight year, the Beam Family of Brighton, Mich., will match dollar-for-dollar every donation that is made to Mott at the gates during the spring game. All of the money raised from the fundraising effort will benefit the new hospital.
"We are thrilled for the opportunity to partner with the U-M football team and Coach Hoke to benefit the patients at U-M Mott Children's Hospital," said Pat Warner, executive director for C.S. Mott Children's Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women's Hospital. "The annual spring game is always a great way for U-M fans to come out and support the team, and we are truly grateful that the team has offered their support to Mott."
The gates to Michigan Stadium will open at 9 a.m. EDT. The second annual alumni flag football game is scheduled to begin with introductions at 10 a.m. The 132nd team in school history will take the field for warm-ups at approximately 11:15 a.m.
Check MGoBlue.com and follow the Wolverines on Twitter (@michigan_fball) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/michiganfball) for special promotions and activities on the upcoming spring game festivities.
Media Contact: David Ablauf (734) 763-4423