July 14, 2011
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Former college football Heisman Trophy winner and University of Michigan great Desmond Howard officially will be enshrined into the College Football Hall of Fame this Saturday (July 16) in South Bend, Ind.
Howard's Hall of Fame career also will be chronicled in the upcoming book, I Wore 21: The Legend of Desmond Howard. The 190-page book published by Champions Press, LLC, features unique stories and hundreds of photos never seen before from the Howard family collection.
- The Magic Begins -- Growing up in Cleveland, Howard develops into a multi-sport star
- Transition Game -- Howard takes time to catch on as a receiver
- Amazing in Maize and Blue -- Assuming a starring role, Howard accomplishes things not previously achieved by a Wolverines player
- Striking the Pose -- Howard runs away with the Heisman Trophy
- Working with Legends -- Learning football and life lessons from Michigan's fabled coaches
- Many Happy Returns -- Howard's electric kick returns turns him into a football legend
- A Michigan Man Forever -- Howard carries the Wolverines' spirit into life after football
Also included are a comprehensive statistical package, along with short stories from former teammates, coaches, opponents and media members who covered Desmond's career.
I Wore 21: The Legend of Desmond Howard will be available by pre-order online starting Monday (July 18) at MDen.com. Retail price for pre-orders of the book is $21, and it will be sold for $20 in and around Michigan Stadium on Sept. 10.
Howard will be recognized by U-M for his Hall of Fame career on Sept. 10 as the Wolverines host Notre Dame in the first-ever night game in Michigan Stadium.
Media Contact: Justin Dickens (734) 763-4423