Six Current Student-Athletes Lead U-M's Pan Am Games Contingent
Season-High Floor Score, Three Titles Lift Men's Gymnastics over No. 8 OSU
Men's Gymnasts Mikulak, Perez-Rivera Sweep B1G Weekly Honors
Perez-Rivera Collects Big Ten Men's Gymnast Freshman of the Week
International Competition (2015)
• Represented Puerto Rico at the 2015 Pan American games, competing on floor (13.90), pommel horse (12.35), Vault (14.65), parallel bars (13.25), and high bar (14.105).
• Placed second on vault at Puerto Rico (March 6) with a 14.90
• Earned a first place finish on the floor exercise (15.70) and a fourth place finish on the high bar (14.70) against Ohio State (Feb. 28), which were both career highs
• Set a new career high on both pommel horse (14.50) and high bar (14.55) against Oklahoma (Feb. 14)
• Earned new career highs on pommel horse (14.20), parallel bars (14.85), and high bar (14.30) against Penn State (Jan. 24)
• Scored a 14.75 on vault, as well as a career high 13.75 on high bar at the Windy City Invite (Jan. 17).
• Earned an All-America citation on vault at the NCAA Individual Finals scoring a 14.90
• Also represented U-M on vault (14.90) and floor (14.90) during the Qualifier (April 10) and during the Team Finals (floor: 14.85; vault: 15.05)
• Saw action at the Big Ten Championship Team Finals (March 28) on floor (14.90) and vault (15.30)
• Also competed in the Big Ten Individual Finals (March 29), notching a 15.325 on floor and a 14.650 on vault
• His performance on vault of 15.30 in the Big Ten Team Finals (March 28) was a career high
• Named two time Big Ten Freshman of the Week (March 1 and March 24) ... represented U-M in every meet of the regular season competing on floor, vault, parallel bars and high bar
• Notched a season high and collected an individual title for his performance on floor (15.55) at the Stanford Open (Jan. 25)
• Captured another individual title for scoring a 15.25 on vault against UIC (March 22)
• Also earned an individual title at the Ohio State Invite (March 1) with a score of 15.10 on vault.
• Puerto Rico Senior National Team member since 2011
• Second in all-around and high bar, third in vault and parallel bars at 2012 Puerto Rican National Championships
• Competed in 2012 Pan American Championships for Puerto Rico
• Academic Honor Award recipient of Notre Dame High School
• National Honor Society
• Society of Hispanic Engineers.
• Born August 16, 1995
• Son of Rafael Perez & Cynthia Rivera
• Enrolled in the School of Engineering
• Electrical Engineering major.
Floor Exercise -- 15.700 (2/28/15)
Pommel Horse -- 14.500 (2/14/15)
Vault -- 15.250 (3/22/14)
Parallel Bars -- 14.850 (1/24/15)
High Bar -- 14.700 (2/28/15)
Season tickets now on sale. » Learn about 2016 Michigan men's gymnastics ticket opportunities.