NSCA Recognizes 16 Wolverines with All-American Awards
'C-C-M Line' Named to USA Hockey World Championship Roster
Four Icers Earn All-America Honors; Connor Named Top Rookie
Ice Hockey Trio Among Top 10 Finalists for Hobey Baker Award
Ice Hockey's Connor, Selman Earn B1G Weekly Honors
Forward Tyler Motte talks about his development on the ice, what he enjoys to do off the ice and why he models his game after the Minnesota Wild's Zach Parise.
U-M used a three-goal first period to earn a 6-0 victory over RPI and a series sweep.
Michigan scored twice in the final minutes to stun RPI.
Michigan scored five third-period goals in an 8-1 win over Penn State.
• One of the nation's top two-way forwards in 2015-16, finishing third in the country in scoring with 56 points (32 goals, 24 assists) in 38 games. An All-Big Ten First Team selection, Motte led all NCAA forwards with 70 blocked shots on the season, many of them coming on the penalty kill, and his plus-28 rating was third in the Big Ten and 11th in the country.
• Selected as one of ten finalists for the Hobey Baker Award, Motte's 12 game goal-scoring streak this season was the longest by a Michigan player in the Red Berenson era (since 1984). Motte was selected as an AHCA First Team All-American.
• Scored the game-winning goal in the season opener vs. Mercyhurst (10/16)
• Scored two goals vs. Dartmouth (11/27)
• Scored game-winning shootout goal vs. Dartmouth (11/28)
• Tallied two goals and two assists vs. Minnesota (12/11)
• Recorded three points (1G, 2A) vs. Michigan State (1/8)
• Recorded a career-best five points (3G, 2A), including first career hat-trick vs. Ohio State (1/17)
• Matched a career-high with five points (2G, 3A) at Penn State (1/28)
• Scored two goals vs. Penn State in New York City (1/30), totaling 7 points (4G, 3A) on the weekend series.
• Scored two goals vs. Michigan State (2/5)
• Recorded a goal and an assist at Michigan State (2/6), marking his seventh straight game with multiple points.
• Scored two goals vs. Minnesota in the Big Ten Championship (3/19)
• Scored game-winning overtime goal vs. Notre Dame in NCAA Midwest Regional Semifinal (3/25)
• Tallied two assists vs. North Dakota in NCAA Midwest Regional Final (3/26)
• In 35 games, notched a career best 31 points (9G, 22A), finishing third on the team in assists, and fourth in points
• Led all Michigan forwards with 43 blocked shots
• Scored GWG against Penn State (11/22)
• Scored game-tying goal against RPI (11/28)
• Notched four assists against Ohio State on 12/5, the most by a Wolverine since 2/13/09 (Aaron Palushaj)
• Recorded first career two-goal game (2G, A) at OSU (1/16)
• Notched two assists in B1G Semis vs. MSU (3/20)
• In 34 games, recorded 18 points (9G, 9A), second among Michigan freshmen
• Finished tied for fourth on the team with a plus-9 rating and had 29 blocked shots
• Added two power play goals and two game-winning goals
• Named Big Ten Second Star (10/20 and 11/26)
• Scored first career goal vs RIT (Oct. 12)
• Recipient of the Joe Lunghamer Hockey Scholarship
• Played for the United States National Team Development Program (USNTDP) Under-18 team in 2012-13
• Recorded 25 goals and 16 assists in 53 games in 2012-13
• Helped Team USA earn a silver medal at the Under-18 World Junior Championships
• Born March 10, 1995
• Son of Steve and Nancy Motte
• Enrolled in the School of Kinesiology
• A Sport Management major
• Graduated from Pioneer High School
• Older brother, C.J. Motte is a senior goaltender for Ferris State
• Motte played junior hockey on the U.S. NTDP U-18 Team with current teammates Evan Allen and JT Compher
• In 2013-14, the three were paired on the same forward line for Michigan at the beginning of the season
• Selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the fourth round, 121st overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft
Motte's Career Highlights
Most, Game: 5, 1/28/16 at PSU (2g, 3a)
Multi-Point Games: 24 (2013-14 - 2, 2014-15 - 6, 2015-16 - 16)
Streak: 16 games, 12/30/16 - 3/6/16 (18g, 14a)
First: 10/12/13 vs. RIT (g)
Most, Game: 3 - 1/17/16 vs. OSU
Multi-Goal Games: 9 (2014-15 - 1, 2015-16 - 8)
Streak: 12 games, 12/30/15-2/19/16 (17g)
Game Winners: 8, last - 3/25/16 vs. Notre Dame
First: 10/12/13 vs. RIT
Most, Game: 4, 12/5/14 vs. OSU
Multi-Assist Games: 14 (2013-14 - 3, 2014-15 - 5, 2015-16 - 6)
Streak: 5 games, 1/9/15 - 1/24/15 (7a)
First: 11/22/13 vs. Niagara
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2017-18 Michigan ice hockey ticket opportunities.