Jan. 11, 2013
• Freshman Steven Racine made his 12th start of the season, turning aside 14 shots out of 17 faced through two periods. Racine earned a no decision in tonight's contest.
• Junior Adam Janecyk relieved Racine for the third period, saving all four shots he faced. Janecyk was saddled with his second straight loss and his record now stands at 2-3-0 this season.
• Freshman Andrew Copp scored his third goal of the season with a second-period tally.
• Junior Jon Merrill recorded his first point in his second game played this season with an assist on Copp's second-period goal.
• Sophomore Alex Guptill netted his fifth goal of the season with his second-period goal, his first since Oct. 27 vs. Miami.
• Guptill added an assist on Jacob Trouba's second-period goal, giving him his first multi-point effort since Oct. 26 and just his third of the season.
• Freshman Jacob Trouba scored for the sixth time, bringing his point total to 12 (6g, 6a)
• Junior Derek DeBlois picked up two assists, his first multi-point game since an Oct. 12 win over RIT.
• Sophomore Zach Hyman scored his third goal of the season late in the third period in a 6-on-5 situation to pull Michigan to within one.
• Michigan slides to 7-12-2 overall and 4-9-2-2 in the CCHA.
• Alaska overtakes the Wolverines for sole possession of seventh place in the CCHA.
• The Wolverines were 0-for-4 on power-play opportunities and killed 2-of-3 penalties. Their season totals move to 11-for-81 on the power play (13.5%) and 65-for-78 (83.3%) on the penalty kill.
• Attendance at Yost Arena was 5,800, the sixth sell out in 12 home games this season.
New season tickets now on sale. » Learn about 2015-16 Michigan ice hockey season ticket opportunities.