Jan. 23, 2014
• Michigan improved to 146-126-19 in the all-time series against the Spartans. The Wolverines snapped a five-game winless streak (0-4-1), which marked the longest winless streak since a seven-game winless streak (0-6-1) in November and December of 2011.
• U-M is now 27-18-5 against Michigan State at Joe Louis Arena dating back to the first meeting between the two teams on Dec. 28, 1979. The Wolverines have won 10 of their last 11 games against MSU at Joe Louis Arena.
• Michigan finished the night 0-for-2 on the man-advantage and was 3-for-3 on the penalty kill.
• The Michigan penalty kill unit has held opponents scoreless in three straight games for the first time this season.
• Junior forward Phil Di Giuseppe now has 10 points (2g, 8a) in 10 career games against the Spartans, leading all current Wolverines against MSU. Di Giuseppe scored the game-winning goal with a little more than two minutes remaining in the final period. He paced the Wolverines with eight shots on net.
• Sophomore forward Andrew Copp extended his team-high point streak to four games with his third-period assist. Copp now leads the team with 17 points (10g, 7a) on the season.
• U-M outshot the Spartans by a 36-33 tally. It marks the first time in the team's last four games that it outshot its opponent.
• With a goal from forward JT Compher, a Michigan freshman has registered a point in 17 of U-M's 19 games so far.
• Freshman goalkeeper Zach Nagelvoort stopped 32 of the 33 shots he faced in earning his seventh win of the season.
New season tickets now on sale. » Learn about 2015-16 Michigan ice hockey season ticket opportunities.