Feb. 21, 2014
• Sophomore forward Boo Nieves scored his first goal since Oct. 12, 2013. His first period goal was the game's opening tally.
• Junior forward Zach Hymanrecorded two more assists tonight, giving him nine points (4G, 5A) in his last seven games. Hyman has 12 points on the season (5G, 7A).
• Freshman goalie Zach Nagelvoortstopped 39 of 44 shots on goal. His 39 saves marked a career best.
• Freshman forward JT Compherpaced Michigan with six shots on net.
• Penn State's 44 shots on goal were the most faced by the Wolverines since Oct. 12, 2013 when RIT registered 46 shots on goal. U-M is now 4-6-2 when being outshot.
• Michigan is now 3-2-3 in overtime matchups this season. The Wolverines have gone their not registered an overtime goal since the Nov. 29 contest vs. Ohio State when Michigan won 4-3.
• Michigan's power play unit went 1-for-5, while the kill unit was 1-for-4. Tonight marked the first time in the past four games that U-M has had more power-play opportunities than its opponent.
• With tonight's loss, Michigan fell to 6-6-1-1 in Big Ten play. With 20 points and seven games remaining in conference play.