Offensive Explosion Lifts Men's Soccer to Win at Oakland
Men's Soccer Comes Up Short Against Detroit
Mellors-Blair's Big Night Carries Men's Soccer Past Rutgers
Two Area Manchester United Fans Granted Ultimate Wish
• Scored the eventual winning goal in the 2-0 win over #21 Penn State (Sept. 27)
• Scored his second goal of the season in the 4-1 win over Oakland (Sept. 23)
• Had two assists in the 3-0 win over Northwestern (Sept. 20)
• Connected on his first goal of the season in a 2-1 loss to Detroit (Sept. 16)
• Tallied an assist in a 3-1 win over West Virginia (Sept. 4)
• Started all eighteen matches and finished the year with two goals and three assists
• Tied for the team lead in assists
• Took four shots, two on goal, and picked up an assist against Michigan State (Nov. 2)
• Recorded five shots, one on target, against Akron (Oct. 14)
• Took three shots on goal, scored twice, and recorded an assist in a 3-0 win over Rutgers (Oct. 11)
• Fired four shots, one on goal, and picked up his first Michigan point with an assist against Notre Dame (Oct. 7)
• Took three shots, one on goal, in the 1-0 loss to Penn State (Sept. 28)
• Played 1,382 minutes on the season.
• At Georgia State
• Played in seven games, scoring one goal and dishing out one assist
• Had 10 shots on the season (three on goal).
• At Georgia State
• Named the No. 49 freshmen in the country by TopDrawerSoccer.com
• Selected to the All-CAA Third Team and CAA All-Rookie Team
• Finished the year with three goals and a team-high six assists for 12 points
• Scored two goals against Georgia Southern on Sept. 14, including the game-winner
• In his first game he notched his first career point by assisting on the game-winning goal at Jacksonville Aug. 24
• Recorded four assists in his first three matches
• Finished the season with 39 shots (20 SOG) and 1,263 minutes played.
• Nottingham Bluecoat School and Technology College (2011)
• Played on the wing and at forward
• Member of the Walsall Football Club from 2003-11
• Scored five goals in one game vs. Preston North End
• Trained with Manchester United Academy from the ages of 12 to 15 before signing with Walsall FC.
• William Mellors-Blair was born on Nov. 3, 1992 in Nottingham, England
• Son of Winston Blair and Karen Mellors
• Has one sister, Carley
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, majoring in communication studies.