Offensive Explosion Lifts Men's Soccer to Win at Oakland
Men's Soccer Comes Up Short Against Detroit
Mellors-Blair's Big Night Carries Men's Soccer Past Rutgers
Two Area Manchester United Fans Granted Ultimate Wish
• Finished second on the team in assists (4), third on the team in points (10) and fourth on the team in goals (3)
• Took four shots and assisted the only goal in the 1-0 win over Valparaiso (Oct. 19)
• Scored the eventual winning goal in the 2-0 win over #21 Penn State (Sept. 27)
• Tallied his second goal of the season in the 4-1 win over Oakland (Sept. 23)
• Had two assists in the 3-0 win over Northwestern (Sept. 20)
• Connected on his first goal of the season in a 2-1 loss to Detroit (Sept. 16)
• Added an assist in a 3-1 win over West Virginia (Sept. 4)
• Started all eighteen matches and finished the year with two goals and three assists
• Tied for the team lead in assists
• Took four shots, two on goal, and picked up an assist against Michigan State (Nov. 2)
• Recorded five shots, one on target, against Akron (Oct. 14)
• Took three shots on goal, scored twice, and recorded an assist in a 3-0 win over Rutgers (Oct. 11)
• Fired four shots, one on goal, and picked up his first Michigan point with an assist against Notre Dame (Oct. 7)
• Took three shots, one on goal, in the 1-0 loss to Penn State (Sept. 28)
• Played 1,382 minutes on the season.
• At Georgia State
• Played in seven games, scoring one goal and dishing out one assist
• Had 10 shots on the season (three on goal).
• At Georgia State
• Named the No. 49 freshmen in the country by TopDrawerSoccer.com
• Selected to the All-CAA Third Team and CAA All-Rookie Team
• Finished the year with three goals and a team-high six assists for 12 points
• Scored two goals against Georgia Southern on Sept. 14, including the game-winner
• In his first game he notched his first career point by assisting on the game-winning goal at Jacksonville Aug. 24
• Recorded four assists in his first three matches
• Finished the season with 39 shots (20 SOG) and 1,263 minutes played.
• Nottingham Bluecoat School and Technology College (2011)
• Played on the wing and at forward
• Member of the Walsall Football Club from 2003-11
• Scored five goals in one game vs. Preston North End
• Trained with Manchester United Academy from the ages of 12 to 15 before signing with Walsall FC.
• William Mellors-Blair was born on Nov. 3, 1992 in Nottingham, England
• Son of Winston Blair and Karen Mellors
• Has one sister, Carley
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, majoring in communication studies.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2016 Michigan men's soccer ticket opportunities.