Men's Swimmers Ballestas, Powers Receive Big Ten Weekly Awards
Both Men's Swimming Relays Podium on First Day of Winter Nationals
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement (2014)
• Finished 43rd in the 200-meter Butterfly (2:08.37), 60th in the 200-meter Freestyle (1:54.03) and 68th in the 100-meter Butterfly (57.52) at AT&T Winter Nationals (Dec. 3-5).
• Big Ten Swimmer of the Week (Feb. 24).
• NCAA Championships (March 26-28): Did not qualify.
• Big Ten Championships (Feb. 25-28): Finished 12th in the 200-yard Butterfly (1:46.74), 19th in the 200-yard Freestyle (1:37.18) and 50th in the 50-yard Freestyle (20.81).
• Earned last spot on the team's roster for the Big Ten Championships at the Michigan Fist Chance Meet (Feb. 21-22), when he picked up two NCAA 'B' times.
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement
• NCAA Championships (March 27-29): Did not qualify.
• Big Ten Championships (Feb. 26-March 1): Did not swim.
• Made collegiate debut vs. Iowa (Sept. 27).
• High School: Belen Jesuit Prep (2013)
• Won Florida state titles in the 100-yard freestyle (2010-11) and 200-yard freestyle (2012-13).
• Four-time All-Dade Team selection.
• Club: Metro Aquatic Club of Miami (2009-13)
• Represented Colombia at 2015 World University Games and 2014 South American Championships.
• Full Name: Julian Felipe Ballestas
• Birthday: Sept. 30, 1994
• Enrolled in the College of Engineering
• Major: Mechanical Engineering