Baumgarten Scores Top-10 Finish in Men's 5,000 at Penn Relays
Last Updated: May 15, 2017
• USTFCCCA All-Academic (2016)
• Two-time Academic All-Big Ten (2015-16)
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement Award winner (2015-16)
• Ran 14:54.27 in the 5000 meter run to finish 19th at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships (May 12-14)
• Ran 14:05.05 in the 5000 meter run to finish 7th at the Penn Relays (Apr. 27-29), and ran the leadoff leg of Michigan's fifth-place 4xMile relay.
• Ran a career-best 29:53.57 in the 10,000 meter run (invitational) to finish 36th at the Mt. SAC Relays (Apr. 13-14)
• Ran 3:56.00 in the 1500 meter run to finish 5th at the Battle of the Blues (Apr. 1)
• Ran 1:53.66 in the 800 meter run to finish 11th at the Pac-12 vs. Big Ten Challenge (Mar. 24-25)
• Earned a Big Ten bronze medal by running 8:14.51 in the 3000 meter run to finish 3rd at the Big Ten Indoor Championships (Feb. 24-25) and finished sixth at 5000 meters in 14:06.82.
• Ran 4:09.44 in the Mile to finish 20th at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational (Feb. 3-4) in the Meyo Mile.
• Ran a career-best 7:57.32 in the 3000 meter run to finish 2nd at the Boston U. John Thomas Terrier Classic (Jan. 28)
• At the Vanderbilt Commodore Invitational (January 13-14), ran a career-best 4:03.52 in the mile to finish fifth overall in his season debut.
• At the NCAA East Preliminary Round (May 28), ran 14:15.77 in the 5,000-meter run to finish 13th overall, narrowly missing a bid to the national meet
• Timed 14:30.30 in the 5,000-meter run at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships (May 15), placing 12th
• Ran 14:45.51 in the 5K at the Payton Jordan Invitational (May 1)
• Finished 29th in the Inivitional section of the 5,000 meter run at the Mount SAC Relays (April 15), setting a new PR of 14:00.64
• Finished fourth in the 1500 meter run at the Battle of the Blues (March 31) with a time of 3:49.99
• Opened the season with a seventh place finish in the 800 meter run at the Pac-12 vs. Big Ten Invite (March 26) in a time of 1:52.29, while also competing in the 4x400 meter relay
• Scored for U-M at the Big Ten Championships (Feb. 26), placing fifth in the 5,000-meter run in 8:06.05
• Finished second in his heat of the 3,000-meter run at the Iowa State Classic (Feb. 12) with a new PR of 8:02.89
• Won the 5,000-meter run at the Meyo Invitational (Feb.6) in a new PR of 14:08.07
• Ran in the Mile race finishing third in a new PR of 4:08.37 at the Notre Dame Invitational (January 23)
• Finished fourth in the 3,000-meter race with a time of 8:07.40 at the Commodore Invitational (Jan. 15).
• Debuted at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships (May 15-17), finishing 14th in the 5,000m race
• Made his 5,000m debut at the adidas/Steve Scott Invitational (May 1-2), finishing fourth at 14:22.82
• Finished 15th in his 10,000m debut at UVA Challenge (April 17-18), running 30:38.50
• Ran 8:19.58 to finish seventh in the 3,000m run at the CAL-UVA Tri Meet (April 3-4)
• Made his Big Ten Championships debut in the mile run, setting a new PR at 4:11.48
• Ran 14:24.57 in the 5,000m race at the Iowa State Classic (Feb. 14), finishing 32nd
• Finished runner-up in his 5,000m debut at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational (Feb. 7), running 14:22.16
Personal ... Born on Nov. 12 ... Enrolled in the College of Engineering ... Majoring in aerospace engineering.