Men's Cross Country Team, Individuals Earn All-Academic Honors
Men's Harrier Baumgarten Captures First Conference Honor
Men's Cross Country Spotlight: Aaron Baumgarten
Last Updated: September 2, 2016
• USTFCCCA All-Academic (2015)
• Two-time Academic All-Big Ten (2014-15)
• Member of the 2015 Great Lakes Regional Championship Team
• Member of the 2015 Big Ten Championship Team
• All-Great Lakes Region (2015)
• Big Ten Athlete of the Week (Sept. 16)
• U-M Academic Athletic Achievement Award (2014-15).
• Won the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Sept. 2) in 15:09.2 to kick off the season
• At the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21), he helped U-M to a team finish of ninth place with a time of 31:56.7 in the 10,000-meter event
• Helped U-M to a regional crown at the 10,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13), running 31:15.4 for 22nd place
• Helped U-M to its first conference crown since the 1998 season at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 1), running a collegiate-best 24:10.2 for 28th place
• Clocked 24:15.2 to finish 63rd overall and help U-M to third place at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin Adidas Invitational (Oct. 16)
• Finished 46th with a time of 24:43.90 in the 8,000-meter event at the Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3)
• Had his best career finish as the runner-up to help U-M to a team win at Penn State's 5.2-mile Harry Grove Spiked Shoe Invitational (Sept. 11)
• Finished third with a personal best time of 15:04.3 in the 5,000-meter event at the EMU Celebration (Sept. 5).
• Made his NCAA Championships (Nov. 22) debut by helping U-M to 11th place, the team's best finish since 2003, finishing the 10,000-meter event in 32:40.8
• Finished 32nd (30:54) at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 14), helping U-M to third place
• Made his postseason debut at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 2), finishing in 17th place as U-M's fourth scorer to help the team to a runner-up finish with a collegiate-best time of 24:06.9
• Helped lead the Wolverines at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin Adidas Invitational (Oct. 17) with a time of 24:32, good for 83rd place
• Helped lead the Wolverines to a team victory at the rain-shortened, 8,000-meter Blue and Gold Invitational (Oct. 3) with a time of 23:48.2, good for 24th place
• Helped U-M to a first place team finish at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Preview (Sep. 20) with a time of 24:53.31
• Ran at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 29), finishing fourth with a time of 15:24.6.
Personal ... Enrolled in College of Engineering ... Majoring in Aerospace Engineering.