Men's Cross Country Team, Individuals Earn All-Academic Honors
Men's Cross Country Spotlight: Ben Flanagan
Men's Cross Country Trio, Team Garner USTFCCCA All-Academic Honors
Ferlic, Flanagan Lead Men's Cross Country to Third at NCAA Regional
Three in Top 15 Propel Men's Cross Country to Big Ten Runner-Up
Last Updated: August 20, 2016.
• Two-time USTFCCCA All-Academic (2014-15)
• Two-time Academic All-Big Ten (2014-15)
• Member of the 2015 Great Lakes Regional Championship Team
• Member of the 2015 Big Ten Championship Team
• Two-year Team Captain (2014-15)
• All-Great Lakes Region (2014-15)
• Three-time All-Big Ten second team (2013-15)
• U-M Academic Athletic Achievement Award (2013-15).
• Helped U-M to place ninth overall at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21) with a personal time of 30:49.8 in the 10,000-meter event
• Finished 11th in 30:54.2 to help U-M to a team title at the 10,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13)
• Scored for U-M at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 1), running a personal-best 23:42.6 for eighth place and helping Michigan win its first conference crown since 1998
• Helped U-M finish third at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin Adidas Invitational (Oct. 16) with a 29th-place showing in 24:00.4
• Finished 13th with a time of 24:18.94 in the 8,000-meter event at the Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3)
• Took eighth place in 25:47 to help U-M to a team win at Penn State's 5.2-mile Harry Grove Spiked Shoe Invitational (Sept. 11).
• Helped U-M to 11th place at the 10,000-meter NCAA Championships (Nov. 22), the team's best finish since 2003, with a time of 31:12.6
• Earned all-region honors with a 10th-place finish (PR 30:31) at the 10,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 14), helping U-M to third place
• Finished in 13th place individually at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 2), helping U-M to a runner-up finish with a collegiate-best time of 23:58.8
• Helped lead the Wolverines at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin Adidas Invitational (Oct. 17) with a time of 24:26, good for 67th place
• Helped lead the Wolverines to a team victory at the rain-shortened, 8,000-meter Blue and Gold Invitational (Oct. 3) with a time of 23:47.5, good for 23rd place
• Helped U-M to a first place team finish at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Preview (Sep. 20) with a time of 24:46.43
• Finished third running unattached at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 29) with a time of 15:21.8.
• Finished 99th (31:18.8) at the 10,000-meter NCAA Championships (Nov. 23)
• Finished 12th (24:39.4) at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 3), earning All-Big Ten second team honors
• Finished 127th (24:30) at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin adidas Invitational (Oct. 19)
• Made his collegiate debut at the 8,000-meter Cowboy Jamboree (Sept. 28), finishing 21st in 25:12.26.
Prep ... Graduated from St. Mary's High School (2013) ...Four-year Honor Roll student ... Earned St. Mary's Academic Excellence Award (2010, '11) ... Cross Country ... Two-time Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA) 7K champion (2010, '12) ... Placed third at the OFSAA meet in 2009 ... Three-year member of Canadian Junior National Team, finishing third at the 2012 NACAC Championships in Port of Spain, Trinidad ... Placed second at Junior Canadian Cross Country Championships in 2012 and seventh in 2011 ... Competed at the IAAF World Junior Cross Country Championships, placing 34th ... Four-time St. Mary's MVP ... Track & Field ... Finished third at the 2012 OFSAA Championships in the 3,000-meter run ... Took second in 1,500- and 3,000-meter run at the 2011 OFSAA meet and third in the 3,000-meter run in 2010 ... Placed 16th in the 1,500-meter run at the 2011 IAAF World Youth Championships in Lille, France ... Finished runner up in the 3,000-meter run at the 2011 Canadian Youth Nationals and second in the 2,000-meter run at 2010 event ... Four-time St. Mary's MVP.
Personal ... Enrolled in the School of Kinesiology ... Majoring in Movement Science ... Born January 11, 1995 ... Son of Ron and Michelle Flanagan ... Other Sports Played ... Member of St. Mary's swim and junior hockey teams.