Ferlic, Sullivan Earn Men's Cross Country Great Lakes Region Honors
Ferlic Tabbed Men's Cross Country Big Ten Athlete of the Week
Ferlic Named USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week
Men's Cross Country Athlete Spotlight: Mason Ferlic
Ferlic Claims Title as Men's Cross Country Opens Season at EMU
Last Updated: Dec. 1, 2015
• Member of the 2015 Great Lakes Regional Championship Team
• Member of the 2015 Big Ten Championship Team
• USTFCCCA Academic All-American (2014)
• NCAA Great Lakes Region Athlete of the Year (2015)
• USTFCCCA Athlete of the Week (Oct. 6, 2015)
• Three-year Team Captain (2013-14-15)
• Became U-M's first back-to-back USTFCCCA All-American since Nate Brannen in 2002-03 (2013-14)
• Three-time All-Great Lakes Region (2013-14-15)
• Member of the NCAA Great Lakes Regional championship team (2013)
• All-Big Ten first team (2014-15) and second team (2013) honoree
• Academic All-Big Ten (2013-14)
• Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2014)
• Six-time Big Ten Athlete of the Week (Sept. 25; Oct. 23, 2013; Sept. 23; Oct. 7; Oct. 21, 2014; Oct. 7, 2015 )
• Two-time U-M Athletic Academic Achievement award winner (2011, '12).
Fifth-year senior (2015)
• Was the top U-M finisher at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21) in teh 10,000-meter event contributing to a ninth-place team finish with a time of 30:42.3
• Won the Individual Regional Title at the 10,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13) in a time of 30:18.3 to help U-M take the regional crown
• As the individual runner-up, led U-M to its first conference crown since 1998 at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 1), running a collegiate-best 23:19.6 to become the highest-finishing Wolverine since Nate Brannen (2nd; 2003)
• Led U-M to a third-place finish at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin Adidas Invitational (Oct. 16), finishing 13th overall (23:49.0)
• Won the 8,000-meter event at the Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3) with a time of 23:51.52
• Took the individual title with a career best time of 14:56.1 in the 5,000-meter event at the EMU Celebration (Sept. 5).
• Led U-M in all six scored events this year in which the varsity squad competed
• Paced the Wolverines to an 11th-place finish at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 22) with a time of 30:37.1, earning 13th place overall and All-American honors
• Led U-M to a third-place finish at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 14) with a seventh-place finish, earning all-region honors
• Finished fourth individually to earn all-conference honors at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 2), helping U-M to a runner-up finish with a time of 23:41.3
• Led the Wolverines with a 12th place finish in the 8,000-meter Wisconsin Adidas Invitational (Oct. 17) with a time of 23:59
• Led the Wolverines to a team victory while claiming the individual title at the rain-shortened, 8,000-meter Blue and Gold Invitational (Oct. 3) with a time of 23:15.7
• Paced U-M to a first place team finish at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Preview (Sep. 20), claiming the individual title with a time of 24:32.63
• Debuted at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 29), finishing second with a time of 15:20.6.
• Finished 22nd (30:32.8) at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 23), earning All-America honors
• Finished third (30:11) at the 10,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 15), earning All-Great Lakes Region honors, and helping U-M capture the team title
• Finished ninth (24:36.2) at the 8,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 3), earning All-Big Ten second team recognition
• Finished 12th (23:35) at the 8,000-meter Wisconsin adidas Invitational (Oct. 19)
• Made his season debut at the 8,000-meter Cowboy Jamboree (Sept. 28), finishing eighth in 24:49.77.
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement award winner
• Awarded a medical redshirt
• Missed the championship portion of the season due to injury
• Opened the season at the 8,000-meter Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational (Sept. 22), leading Michigan with a sixth-place finish (24:28.5) -- Named Big Ten Athlete of the Week for his performance at Virginia (Sept. 25).
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement award winner
• Capped the season with a 252nd-place finish at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21) in a time of 33:12.3
• Recorded a 64th-place finish at the NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 12) in 31:43.6 to help U-M earn an at-large bid to the NCAA Championships
• Finished 91st at the Big Ten Championships (Oct. 30) in a time of 26:52
• Crossed the finish line in 26:57.8 at the Wisconsin adidas Invitational (Oct. 14), placing 260th
• Clocked a time of 25:36.05 at the Florida Mountain Dew Invitational (Sept. 24) to finish 16th in his career debut.
Prep ... Graduated from Mounds Park Academy (2011) ... Four-year "A" Honor Roll member ... Academic All-State ... National Honors Society ... Science Award Scholarship ... Four-year Academic Varsity letter ... Cross Country: First place in Minnesota Class A State Meet (2010) ... Ninth place at Nike Cross Regions Heartland (2010) ... Conference Champ (2010) ... Three-time All-Conference (2008, '09, `10) ... Two-time All-State (2009, '10) ... Team Captain (2010) ... Two-time Team MVP (2009, '10) ... Holds high school 5K record (2010) ... Fifth place Minnesota Class A State Meet (2009) ... Finished 35th at Minnesota Class A State Meet (2008) ... Track and field: Won the 2011 Minnesota State Meet 1600-meter run (4:16.23) and 3,200-meter run (9:17.68), running personal best in both ... Three-time All-State (2009, '10, '11) ... Three-time All-Conference (2009, '10, '11) ... Minnesota All-State Academic Award (2011) ... Three-time Team MVP (2011) ... Minnesota Gatorade Track and Field Athlete of the Year (2011) ... Pioneer Press Athlete of the Week (2011) ... Team Captain (2011) ... Holds high school records in the 800m, 1,600m, and 3,200m ... Won the 2010 Minnesota Class A State Meet 3,200-meter run and finished runner up in the 1,600-meter run (2010) ... Took eighth at the Minnesota Class A State Meet 1,600-meter run (2009) ... Conference Champ in the 4x800-meter relay (2009) ... Conference Honorable Mention (2008).
Personal ... Enrolled in the College of Engineering ... Majoring in aerospace engineering ... Born on August 5, 1993 ... Son of Michael and Charlotte Ferlic.