My Time at Michigan: Briley Casanova (Women's Gymnastics)
Women's Gymnastics Selects Four to Serve as Captains in 2016
Women's Gymnastics Celebrates Seniors with 197+, Win over N.C. State
Trio of All-Around Career Highs Propels Women's Gym Past No. 7 Huskers
My Michigan: Winning
• All-Big Ten Championships Team (2015)
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement (2014).
• Team Captain
• Scored a 9.80 or better on all three events she led off at the Cancun Classic
• Matched a career best with a 9.85 on bars at Cancun
• Set a career high with a 9.90 on floor vs. No. 9 Georgia
• Tied career highs on both vault (9.825) and bars (9.85) in a win over Ohio State
• Missed the final 10 meets of the season due to injury
• All-Big Ten Championships Team
• Performed at least four routines on every event and had at least two routines in nine meets.
• Hit 27-of-28 routines. Had a fall in the first rotation of the season (uneven bars at Georgia on Jan. 10), but hit every routine for the rest of the season after that.
• Recorded the eighth-highest single-season scoring average on balance beam in program history (9.827).
• Performed three routines in each of the team's three postseason meets.
• Finished runner-up on balance beam at the Big Ten Championships (9.900).
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement
• Limited to eight routines --all on balance beam -- due to injury.
• Scored 9.950 on balance beam vs. Utah/UCLA (March 7).
• Performed 20 routines across vault, balance beam and floor exercise.
• Had four routines in the postseason, including three on balance beam.
• Claimed first career individual event title on balance beam (9.875) at Ohio State (Feb. 8).
• High School: Spring Creek Academy (2012)
• World Olympic Gymnastics Academy (WOGA)
• U.S. Junior National Team (2008-09)
• Took fourth on floor exercise and eighth in the all-around at the 2008 U.S. Classic.
• Full Name: Briley Estee Casanova
• Birthday: November 17, 1994
• Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science and the Arts
• Open major.
|Vault||9.825||2x, last 1/16/16, vs. Ohio State|
|Uneven Bars||9.850||2x, last 1/16/16 vs. Ohio State|
|Balance Beam||9.950||3/7/14, vs. Utah/UCLA|
|Floor Exercise||9.90||1/9/16, vs. Georgia|
|All-Around||38.700||1/2/16 at Cancun Classic|