May 19, 2012
• Michigan improves to 16-2 all-time against Louisville. The Cardinals knocked off Michigan, 2-1, earlier this season on March 10.
• No. 9 Louisville is the highest ranked opponent Michigan has defeated this season. U-M is now 5-4 against ranked opponents this year.
• Michigan is now 68-41 all-time in NCAA action.
• The win is Michigan's second consecutive walk-off win and seventh of the season. It is the second time that the Wolverines walked off on a bases-loaded HBP. The first came against Temple on March 4.
• Amy Knapprecorded her second consecutive multi-hit game of the NCAA Regional. It is her ninth multi-hit game of the season.
• U-M is now 29-0 when leading after the sixth inning.
• The win is Michigan's third extra-inning victory of the season. The Wolverines are now 3-1 in extra-inning contests.
• The loss is Louisville's first home loss of the season. The Cardinals were 26-0 at Ulmer Stadium prior to the game.
• Bree Evanssingled to lead off the game, keeping her hitting streak alive. Her streak is currently at 12 games.
• Sara Driesengadrew a walk in the first inning, her 30th consecutive game of reaching base.
• In two of her last three appearances as a pinch hitter, Caitlin Blanchard has provided the winning RBI. She also hit the game-winning sacrifice fly against Purdue on May 11.
Sign up for Michigan Insider to be the first to learn about 2018 Michigan softball ticket opportunities.