Women's Thrower Deering to Compete at USA Track & Field Championships
Women's Track & Field Collects Six Wins Across Silverston, Alex Wilson Invites
Last Updated: April 17, 2017
• Competing member of the 2016 Big Ten Indoor and Outdoor Championship Teams
• Threw 13.52m (44-4.25) in the Shot Put to finish 8th at the Texas Invitational (Apr. 14-15), and also finished 16th in the hammer (162-6).
• Threw 14.11m (46-3.5) in the shot put to finish 2nd at the Battle of the Blues (Apr. 1). Also finished 7th in the hammer at 48.56m (159-4).
• Threw a career-best 17.73m (58-2) in the Weight Throw to finish 12th at the Big Ten Indoor Championships (Feb. 24-25). Also threw 14.03m (46-0.5) to finish 17th in the shot put.
• Threw 14.31m (46-11.5) in the Shot Put to finish 8th at the Spire Invitational (Feb. 10-11). Also threw a career-best 17.62m (57-10.25) in the weight throw to finish 13th.
• Threw 17.39m (57-.75) in the Weight Throw to finish 5th at the Akron Invitational (Feb. 3-4) in the Blue Division competition. Also finished ninth in the Gold Division shot put.
• Threw a career-best 17.55m (57-7) in the Weight Throw to finish 2nd at the SVSU Jets Pizza Invitational (Jan. 28). Also finished third in the shot put with a mark of 14.12m (46-4)
• Threw 13.86m (45-5.75) in the Shot Put to finish 7th at the Notre Dame Invitational (Jan. 21)
• Threw a career-best 17.00m (55-9.25) in the Weight Throw to finish fifth at the Simmons-Harvey Invitational (Jan. 14). Also finished runner-up in the shot put at 13.46m (44-2)
• Set a huge PR in the hammer at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships (May 13, 15), throwing 52.63 meters (172-8 ft.) to finish 13th, and also threw 14.72 meters (48-3.5 ft.)
• Finished third in the shot put at the Toledo Classic (May 7), throwing 14.56 meters (47-9.25 ft.)
• Threw the hammer and shot put at the Jesse Owens Classic (April 22-23), finishing runner-up in the shot at 14.48 meters (47-6.25 ft.)
• Finished with a mark of 13.59 meters (44-7 ft.) in the shot put in the collegiate open section of the Mt. SAC Relays (April 15)
• Competed in both the hammer throw and the shot put at the Long Beach Invitational (April 15-16), finishing with marks of 48.27 m (158-04 ft.) and 14.62 (47-11.75 ft.) respectively
• Scored with a runner-up finish in the shot put (14.49m; 47-6.5 ft) and competed in the hammer throw (48.43m; 158-10 ft.), helping U-M win the Battle of the Blues meet (April 2).
• Competed in the shot put finishing eighth (14.23 meters, 46-8 ft.) and in the hammer throw (45.78 meters, 150-2 ft.) at the Pac-12 vs Big Ten Challenge (March 25-26).
• Competed in both the shot put and weight throw during the Big Ten Championships (Feb. 26-27)
• At the Alex Wilson Invitational (Feb. 20) competed in the shot put finishing fifth clearing 13.54 meters (44-05.25) and in the weight throw throwing a new personal record 16.85 meters (55-03.50 ft.) for fourth-place
• Competed in the weight throw (16.56 meters; 54-4 ft.) at the SPIRE NCAA D1 Invitational (Feb. 12), placing 14th overall. Deering also finished 14th in the shot put (13.85 meters; 45-05.25 ft.).
• Established a new personal-best marks in the shot put (14.52 meters; 47-7.75 ft.) at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational (Feb. 6)
• Helped U-M to win the Notre Dame Invitational (Jan. 23) with a personal best 14.49 meters for second place in the shot put and 15.91 meters for eighth place in the weight throw
• Competed in the weight throw for seventh place (15.28 meters, 50-01.75 ft.) as well as the shot put finishing third (13.45 meters, 44-01.50 ft.) at the Doug Raymond Invitational (Jan. 16)
• Finished fourth in the shot put with a personal-best mark of 13.95 meters (45-9.25 ft.) and threw an indoor personal-best 16.06 meters (52-08.25 ft) in the weight throw for ninth place at the GVSU Holiday Open (Dec. 4)
• At the NCAA East Preliminary Rounds (May 28-30), threw 14.19 meters (46-6.75 ft) in the shot put
• Scored with a seventh-place shot put finish and a new PR (15.50 meters,50-10.25 ft.) at the Big Ten Championships (May 15-17), also finishing 21st in the hammer throw, near her PR
• Earned sixth place in the shot put and 13th in the hammer throw at the Toledo Collegiate Invitational (May 7-8)
• Finished sixth in the shot put and 10th in the hammer throw at the adidas/Steve Scott Invitational (May 1-2)
• Placed 18th in the championship field of the shot put at Drake Relays (April 24), throwing 14.24 meters (46-8.75 ft.)
• Finished seventh in the invitational section of the shot put at UVA Challenge (April 17-18), throwing 13.87 meters (45-6 ft.)
• Earned runner-up in the hammer throw and fourth place in the shot put at the CAL-UVA Tri Meet (April 3-4)
• Threw in the shot put (14.35 meters, 47-1 ft.) and hammer ( 49.23 meters, 161-06 ft.) at the Pac-12 vs. Big Ten Challenge (March 27-28) in her outdoor debut
• Threw 13.57 meters (44-6.25 ft.) in the shot put in her postseason debut at the Big Ten Championships (Feb. 27-28)
• Finished third in the shot put, setting a new PR (13.74 meters, 45-1 ft.) at the Notre Dame Alex Wilson Invitational (Feb. 21)
• Threw at the Spire Invitational (Feb. 14)
• Threw 13.64 meters (44-9 ft.) in the shot put to set a new PR at the Notre Dame Meyo Invitational (Feb. 7)
• Set a PR and finished runner-up in the weight throw at the Dual Meet vs. Michigan State (Jan. 31), throwing 13.72 meters (45-0.25 ft.)
• Made her Wolverine debut at the EMU Triangular (Jan. 9), finishing runner-up in the shot put with a throw of 13.07 meters (43-0.25 ft.) and threw 13.11 meters (43-0.25 ft.) in the weight throw
• Graduated from Elkton-Pigeon-Bay Port Lakers High School
Track and Field
• Team Captain (2014)
• Three-time State Champion in Shot Put (2012-14), finishing fifth as a freshman
• Finished third in Midwest Meet of Champions
• All-State, All-Region, All-Conference (2014)
• Two-time Bay City Times Female Athlete of the Year (2013-14)
• Earned four varsity letters and five All-Conference honors in Basketball, Volleyball and Softball in addition to Track and Field
• Team Captain (2014) and All-State Honorable Mention in Basketball (2013)
• Earned six All-Area and Dream Team Awards in Basketball, and scored 1,262 career points
• Enrolled in the School of Kinesiology
• Majoring in Sociology with a sub major in Law, Justice and Social Change
• Born March 1, 1996
• Daughter of Dean and Brenda Deering
|Weight Throw (I)||17.73m (58-2)||2-25-17|
|Shot Put(I)||14.52m (47-7.75 ft.)||2-6-16|
|Hammer Throw (O)||52.63m (172-8 ft.)||5-13-16|
|Shot Put (O)||15.50m (50-10.25 ft.)||5-17-15|
High School Personal Bests
Shot Put -- 45-1