Women's Cross Country Trio, Team Garner USTFCCCA All-Academic Honors
Women's Harrier Finn Earns Second Career B1G Yearly Award
Finn Claims Women's Cross Country B1G Athlete of the Week
Women's Harrier Finn Captures Big Ten Athlete of the Week Honors
Finn Returns to Lead Women's Cross Country to Commodore Classic Title
Last Updated: Feb. 17, 2016
• All-American (2013, '15)
• USTFCCCA All-Academic (2015)
• Two time Academic All-Big Ten (2014, 15')
• Member of two NCAA Great Lakes Regional championship teams (2013, '15)
• Two-time All-Great Lakes Region (2013, '15)
• Two-time Individual Big Ten champion (2013, '15)
• One of five individuals in Big Ten history and one of two individuals in program history with multiple conference titles (Katie McGregor)
• Big Ten Athlete of the Year (2013)
• Big Ten Freshman of the Year (2013)
• All Big-Ten first team (2013, '15)
• Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2014)
• Three-time Big Ten Athlete of the Week (Sept. 23; Sept. 30, 2014; Sept. 23, 2015)
• U-M Academic Athletic Achievement (2013-14-15).
• Helped U-M finish sixth at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21) as the top Wolverine finisher with a time of 20:10.2 in the 6,000-meter event, finishing 19th despite losing a shoe at 2K
• Finished fifth in 20:44.3 at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13) to help U-M to the team title
• Scored for U-M at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 1), running a collegiate-best 19:44.9 to take the individual title
• Took sixth overall in 20:09.1 to help U-M win the 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nats meet (Oct. 17).
• Won the Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3) with a time of 16:48.23 helping U-M to win the 5,000-meter event
• Won the 5,000-meter Commodore Classic (Sept. 19) in a career-best 16:43.4, helping U-M to a team victory
• Competed unattached at the EMU Celebration (Sept. 5) finishing first with a time of 16:54.9 in the 5,000-meter event.
• Unable to compete in postseason due to injury
• Led the Wolverines with a fourth-place finish at 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nationals (Oct.18), finishing with a time of 20:43.3 to help the team to a third-place showing
• Won the individual title at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Preview (Sept. 20) with a time of 20:36.41
• Named Big Ten Athlete of the Week (Sept. 23) for her performance
• Helped U-M to a first-place finish at the same event with a near-perfect score of 16 points
• Opened the season with a runner-up finish (17:01.5) at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 29).
• Finished 30th (20:40.3) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Championships (Nov. 23), earning All-America honors, and helping U-M finish fourth -- its best finish since 2006
• Finished second (20:09) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 15), earning All-Great Lakes Region honors, and helping U-M defend its third straight title
• Won the individual title at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov.3) in 20:48.3, becoming just the third freshmen in conference history to win the title, to earn All-Big Ten first team honors
• Finished 16th (20:33.72) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nationals (Oct. 19)
• Finished in fourth place (21:04.36) at the 6,000-meter Rim Rock Farm Classic (Oct. 5)
• Finished in fourth place (21:31.1) at the 6,000-meter Purdue Invitational (Sept. 13).
Prep ... Graduated from West Bloomfield High School (2013) ... National Honor Society ... National AP Scholar ... National Merit Semifinalist ... AP Scholar with Distinction ... Graduated Summa Cum Laude ... Spanish Club ... Interact Club Treasurer ... Cross Country ... Two-time state champion (2011, '12) ... Finished fourth at MHSAA state meet in 2010 ... Three-time Oakland County champion (2010, '11, '12) ... Runner up at 2013 USATF Junior Cross Country Nationals, earning All-America honors (2013) ...Two-time Foot Locker Cross Country Championship finalist, earning All-America honors, finishing seventh in 2010 and second in 2011 ... As member of Team USA: 2013 North America, Central America & Caribbean (NACAC) Cross Country Junior Champion; Finished 34th at IAAF World Cross Country Championships; Competed in 2012 Bupa Great Edinburgh Run ... Track & Field ... MHSAA 3,200-meter state champion (2012) ... MHSAA 3,200-meter state runner up (2011) ... Five-time New Balance Nationals All-American: 2013 New Balance Indoor Nationals 5,000m runner up ... 2013 New Balance Outdoor Nationals 5,000m runner up ... 2012 New Balance Indoor Nationals 5,000m champion ... 2010 New Balance Outdoor Nationals -- runner up in 5,000m and sixth-place finisher in two mile ... Finished fourth at USATF Outdoor Junior Nationals in 5,000m (2012).
Personal ... Enrolled in the College of Literature, Science, & the Arts ... majoring in Biochemistry ... Born November 19, 1994 ... Daughter of Jeffrey and Lori Finn ... Personal Notes ... Mother, Lori, played basketball at Alma College (1983-84) ... Other Sports Played ... Competed in swimming and diving as a sophomore.
High School Personal Bests:
800m -- 2:18.16 (outdoor)
1,600m -- 4:45 (outdoor)
3,200m -- 10:17 (indoor)
3,200m -- 10:07 (outdoor)
5,000m -- 16:18 (indoor)
5,000m -- 16:41.33 (outdoor)
Mile -- 4:46 (outdoor)
Two Mile -- 10:08 (indoor)
5K -- 17:07.90 (cross country)
6K -- 20:48.60 (cross country)