Women's Harrier Phelan Earns First Career B1G Weekly Award
Phelan's NACAC Cross Country Title Boosts Canada Women to Victory
Women's Harrier Phelan Secures Third at Canadian Nationals
Last Updated: Dec. 3, 2015
• All-Big Ten (second team, 2015)
• Member of two NCAA Great Lakes Regional championship teams (2013, '15)
• All-Great Lakes Region (2015).
• At the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21) helped U-M to a sixth-place finish with a time of 20:50.0 in the 6,000-meter event, good for 100th place
• Helped U-M to a team title at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13) with a 20th-place finish in 21:01.4
• Scored for U-M at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 1), running a collegiate-best 20:17.2 to finish eighth overall
• Finished 52nd in 20:46.4 to help U-M win the 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nats meet (Oct. 17)
• Helped U-M win the 5,000-meter Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3) with a career best time of 17:18.84 finishing 18th
• Ran to a 22nd-place finish with a time of 17:40.1 to help U-M to a team win at the 5,000-meter Commodore Classic (Sept. 19).
• In her NCAA Championships (Nov. 22) debut, ran the 6,000-meter race to a 138th place finish with a time of 21:29.4, helping U-M finished 18th
• Finished 45th (21:04) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 14), helping U-M to fourth place
• Made her postseason debut at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championship (Nov. 2), finishing 25th with a time of 20:47.2 to help U-M to a third-place showing
• Paced U-M at the 5,000-meter EMU Classic (Oct. 25) with a runner-up finish in a time of 17:39.9
• Placed 11th (22:23.3) in the open race at 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nationals (Oct.18)
• Debuted by helping U-M to a near-perfect 16 points and first-place finish at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Preview (Sept. 20) with an 18th-place individual finish (22:03.10).
• Competed unattached at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 30), finishing eighth in 18:42.83.
Prep ... Graduated from St. Mary's High School (2013) ... Honor Roll Student ... Cross Country ... OFFSA 5K champion (2011) ... OFFSA Provincial High School champion (2009) ... Competed in the Canadian National Cross Country Championships (2009-12) ... Three -time participant in the Canadian Junior National Championships (2009, '10, '11) ... Competed in the Canadian National Championships (2012) ... Track & Field ... Penn Relays high school girls' mile champion (2013) ... Canadian national champion in Youth 3,000-meter and 4x400-meter relay (2013) ... Canadian National Junior Championships 1,500-meter silver medalists (2013) ... Set a new Canadian interscholastic record in the 1,500-meter run of 4:22.03 (2013) ... Athletics Ontario indoor and outdoor 1,500-meter champion (2012) ... Silver medalists in 800- and 1,500-meter run at the OFSSA Provincial High School Championships (2012) ... Represented Canada at the World Youth Track Championships in the 1,500- and 3,000-meter run (2011) ... Canadian national champion in the midget 1,200- (3:36.39) and 2,000-meter run (6:13.71), setting records in both events (2011) ... OFSSA Provincial High School champion in the 1,500-meter run, setting a provincial record of 4:32.03 (2011) ... Two-time Nike Rowland Games 3,000-meter champion (2010, '11).
Personal ... Enrolled in the College of Literature, Sciences and the Arts ... Undeclared major ... Born September 2, 1995 ... Daughter of Frank and Sherri Phelan ... Personal Notes ... Mother, Sherri, was the 1976 World Junior Figure Skating Champion in the pairs division, representing Canada ... Sister, Kaitie, plays hockey for Brock University (Canadian Division I) ... Other Sports Played ... Played two years of hockey for the Kitchener Lady Rangers ... Played Tier 1 OYSL soccer as a freshman and sophomore.
High School Personal Bests:
800m -- 2:10.57 (outdoor)
1,500m -- 4:22.03 (outdoor)