Women's Cross Country Spotlight: Shannon Osika
Osika, Handler Pace Women's Cross Country to Third at Big Tens
Women's Cross Country Captures Title at Battle in Beantown
Women's Harrier Osika Named Big Ten Athlete of the Week
Women's Cross Country Earns BASF Team Chemistry MVP Award
Shannon Osika crossed the line first at the season-opening Michigan Open on Friday, Aug. 30, 2013.
Friday, Aug. 31
Last Updated: Dec. 1, 2015
• Member of Big Ten championship team (2012)
• Member of three NCAA Great Lakes Regional championship teams (2012-13, '15)
• Three-time All-Great Lakes Region (2012-13, '15)
• All-Big Ten first team (2014) and two-time all-conference second team (2012, '13) honoree
• Big Ten Freshman of the Year (2012)
• Big Ten Athlete of the Week (Sept. 2, 2014)
• U-M Athletic Academic Achievement award winner (2012).
• Helped U-M finish in sixth place at the NCAA Championships (Nov. 21) with a time of 20:33.2 in the 6,000-meter event, finishing 53rd
• Finished 16th at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 13), helping U-M to a team victory in 20:59.6
• Ran to a 21st-place finish in 20:46.1 at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov. 1)
• Finished 13th in 20:16.5 to help U-M win the 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nats meet (Oct. 17)
• Helped U-M win the 5,000-meter Greater Louisville Classic (Oct. 3) with a career best time of 16:50.09 finishing second
• Ran 17:10.2 to finish fifth and help U-M to a team win at the 5,000-meter Commodore Classic (Sept. 19)
• Finished sixth with a time of 17:30.3 in the 5,000-meter event at the EMU Celebration (Sept. 5).
• Unable to compete at regional or national championships due to injury
• Paced the Wolverines with a collegiate-best time of 20:03.4 at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championship (Nov. 2) to help U-M to third-place honors and earn all-conference recognition
• Helped lead the Wolverines to a third-place showing with a 23rd place individual finish at 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nationals (Oct. 18) with a time of 21:13.8
• Finished runner-up at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Preview (Sept. 20) with a time of 21:16.45, helping U-M to a near-perfect 16 points and a first-place finish
• Opened the season by earning her third consecutive title (17:01.5) at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 29).
• Finished 56th (20:56.6) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Championships (Nov. 23), helping U-M finish fourth -- its best finish since 2006
• Finished sixth (20:25) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 15), earning All-Great Lakes Region honors, and helping U-M defend its third straight title
• Finished 11th (21:20.5) at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Nov.3), earning All-Big Ten second team honors
• Opened the season defending her title (17:44.09) at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 30) -- named Big Ten Athlete of the Week for her performance (Sept. 3).
• Finished 119th (20:53.9) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Championships (Nov. 17), helping U-M finish fifth -- its best finish since 2006
• Finished eighth (20:38) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Great Lakes Regional (Nov. 9), helping U-M win its second-straight regional title -- earned All-Great Lakes Region honors
• Finished 13th (20:41.6) at the 6,000-meter Big Ten Championships (Oct. 28), helping U-M win its ninth Big Ten title -- garnered All-Big Ten second team honors
• Finished 56th (21:07.6) at the 6,000-meter NCAA Pre-Nationals (Oct. 13)
• Finished sixth (20:54.1) at the 6,000-meter Rim Rock Farm Classic (Sept. 29)
• Led the Wolverines at the 6,000-meter Spartan Invitational (Sept. 14), finishing third overall (21:23)
• Opened the season with a first-place finish (17:56) at the 5,000-meter Michigan Open (Aug. 31).
Personal ... Enrolled in College of Literature, Science and the Arts ... Undeclared major ... Born June 15.