Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Building Infrastructure
In addition to improving our recycling efforts, operating energy efficient buildings is high on our list of sustainability priorities. Managing more than 1.3 million square feet of space results in significant energy consumption. Through careful management of HVAC and lighting systems and using energy efficient equipment, we endeavor to eliminate unnecessary energy consumption.
We are also committed to building sustainable facilities. Considering the amount of construction planned for the athletic campus, we have a unique opportunity to showcase our commitment to energy efficiency.
• Operate all facilities at maximum levels of energy efficiency
• Incorporate sustainability in design and construction of all major facility projects
• Reduce departmental gasoline consumption and promote alternative transportation
• Occupancy sensors
• High efficiency heating and cooling systems
• High efficiency lighting
• Geothermal heating
• Building automation software systems
• Energy efficient transformers
• Low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) materials
• Solar glazing
• Bike racks
• Low flow fixtures