What Can Be Recycled?
U-M offers "single-stream recycling," making recycling that much easier. No more sorting -- paper and container recyclables are now collected in the same bin!
• Cardboard (please flatten!): all paperboard, paper bags, corrugated cardboard, boxboard, milk cartons, juice boxes
• Paper: newspapers, magazines, catalogues, glossy fliers/mailers, junk mail, envelopes, non-metallic wrapping paper, office and notebook paper, telephone books
• Plastic bottles
• Plasticware (knives, forks, spoons)
• Plastic buckets, milk crates and plant pots
• Aluminum cans
• Glass bottles and jars
• Aluminum foil
• Condiments (e.g., creamer containers)
What Cannot Be Recycled?
• Waxed-coated paper cups (e.g., Gatorade cups)
• Candy wrappers