Michigan Stadium Wheelchair Accessible Seating
The Michigan Athletic Department invites Wolverine fans needing wheelchair accessible seating to join the Michigan football season ticket holder family on Saturday afternoons in the Big House!!
In 2008, in addition to the wheelchair accessible and companion seating available in the north and south end zones, The University of Michigan added such seating to the east sideline at row 54, along with improvements in the accessibility of parking, restrooms and concessions and routes into the stadium. Our fan response to these improvements has been overwhelmingly positive.
In 2010, a number of wheelchair accessible and companion seating were added on the east side at row 72, on the west side at the new concourse level and in the student section at row 72.
Therefore, for the 2013 football season, season tickets for wheelchair accessible and companion seating are located in Michigan Stadium in the following areas:
- East Sideline - Row 54
- East Sideline - Row 72
- West Concourse Sideline - Row 97
- North End Zone - Row 72
- South End Zone - Row 72
- East Sideline - Outdoor Club - Please call the Development Office at 734-764-7131
- East Sideline - Indoor Club - Please call the Development Office at 734-764-7131
The regular preferred seating donation (PSD) and ticket price must be paid by those individuals who purchase season tickets for these new wheelchair accessible seats in the 2013 season. Please refer to the PSD Map depicting the Victors ($600 per season ticket), Valiant ($475 per season ticket), Maize ($350 per season ticket), Blue ($200 per season ticket) and End Zone ($75 per season ticket) tiers. A verification of need must also be signed.
If you desire to purchase season tickets located in the wheelchair accessible and companion seating, please contact the Michigan Athletic Ticket Office at 1-866-296-6849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEELCHAIR TICKET POLICIES for MICHIGAN STADIUM FOOTBALL GAMES
The UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN recognizes the needs of persons with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and continues to make every effort to comply with both ADA and State of Michigan accessibility mandates. In addition, the UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, strives to accommodate the individual needs of guests with disabilities and have adopted the following ticket policies:
- Wheelchair users: Wheelchair users and their companion will be permitted, subject to availability, to purchase adjacent seats in a manner which affords them full and equal accessibility. Wheelchair users will be entitled to one wheelchair and one companion seat per game consistent with the normal ticket policies. Wheelchair users will be entitled to the same access to the ticket sales process as customers without disabilities.
- Season Tickets: Season ticket sales for current wheelchair users and their companions can be renewed in the same manner as customers without disabilities, except as noted in this policy. Wheelchair users and their companions shall be afforded a choice of seating locations from among the available wheelchair locations.
In 2008, new inventory of wheelchair seating became available on the east sideline at row 54. In 2010, new inventory of wheelchair seating was added on the east sideline at row 72 and the west concourse at row 97. Season ticket applications for those seats are now being accepted at the Athletic Ticket Office with priority being given to current season ticket holders and waiting list members. The regular ticket price and preferred seat donation will be applicable to the purchase of these seats. Season tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis after applications have been accepted from current season ticket holders and wait list members.
- Single Game Tickets: Subject to availability of accessible seating, the University will offer for sale single game tickets for wheelchair seats and companion seats to the same extent single game tickets are offered to customers without disabilities.
- Exchanges: If wheelchair accessible seating is needed, whether the bench tickets were purchased from the ticket office or otherwise acquired, a person must provide their tickets for exchange to the Athletic Ticket Office by 5 p.m. the Wednesday prior to the game to ensure them handicap seats with a companion seat. Another option is to exchange tickets at Crisler Arena (Gate A) on game day beginning two-and-a-half hours prior to the game. Subject to availability, the ticket office will provide such tickets in a comparable Preferred Seat Donation tier to the original bench tickets. Ticket exchanges are handled on a first-come first-serve basis.
Likewise, a person who has ticket(s) in wheelchair accessible seating and transfers them to a patron who does not need such seating must provide their tickets to the Athletic Ticket Office by 5 p.m. the Wednesday prior to the game to exchange their tickets for bench seating in a comparable Preferred Seat Donation tier to the original wheelchair accessible tickets.
- Seats Reserved Exclusively for Individuals with Disablities: No season or individual game tickets will be sold or exchanged to customers without disabilities (other than non-disabled companions of wheelchair users) in any wheelchair accessible or companion seating. Persons who purchase season tickets in the wheelchair accessible and companion seating will be subject to verification of need for a wheelchair accessible seating location.
Crisler Center: For information about wheelchair accessible seating for events at Crisler Center (primarily men's basketball, women's basketball and women's gymnastics), please see the Crisler Center Guide for Guests with a Disability.
Yost Ice Arena: For information about wheelchair accessible seating for ice hockey, please see the Yost Ice Arena Guide for Guests with a Disability.
Other Sports: For information about wheelchair accessible seating for other sports, please contact the Michigan Ticket Office at 734-764-0247, 866-296-6849 or email@example.com.
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET),
Monday through Friday
1000 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109