The University of Michigan Golf Course serves as the home for both the Wolverine men's and women's golf and cross country teams. The par-71, 6,687-yard golf course, noted for its aesthetic beauty and scenic hills, was designed by renowned golf course architect Alister MacKenzie and opened in 1931. A $3.3 million restoration completed in the spring of 1994 returned the 18-hole U-M course to its original grand style.
Over the years the U-M course has hosted, among others, the following events:
- 3 Western Junior Championships
- 1 USGA Junior Championship
- 3 Michigan Opens
- 2 Michigan Amateurs
- 4 NCAA Regional Championships
- 1 National Insurance Youth Classic
- Numerous Big Ten Championships
- Numerous Ann Arbor City Tournaments
2013 U.S. Women's Amateur Qualifier (July 8)
What's New in 2013
Golf Passes: We will be offering a limited number of golf passes for those who like to play UMGC on a regular basis. Passes are good for 10 rounds of golf at a discounted price, and pass holders will have a 14-day reservation window, a week longer than non-pass holders.
Golf Course Blog: Get a behind-the-scenes look at our beautiful Alister MacKenzie course from superintendent Scott Rockov, who will provide regular updates on the U-M Golf Course blog.
Enroll in the Birthday Club and receive free or discounted golf on your birthday!
- Bring three friends (paying golfers) and you golf for free on your birthday
- Bring one buddy (a paying golfer) and you get 1/2 off your green fee on your birthday
- Birthday November-March? Don't worry, you will get the same offer on your half birthday!
Enroll by creating an email profile, and we'll send you a reminder when your birthday is approaching!
|University of Michigan Golf Course
500 East Stadium Boulevard
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone -- (734) 615-GOLF (615-4653)
Fax -- (734) 647-9900